* svn manuals
@ 2005-11-26 18:32 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-11-26 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans, Taco, et al,

I think it would be a good idea (possibly saving you a lot of list
answering time) if you put a README file in each manual directory.
This could contain instructions such as:

1. Which is the main file to compile.
2. Some font handling instructions. Maybe a reminder of what to do
with texfont and type-tfm.dat on different systems. User would be
handy in getting this right.
3. Or, as font setups head to an environment file, maybe alternate
environment files could be provided to get a plain vanilla no other
fonts other than what is supplied with cont-fnt.zip.

Hopefully, other on this list can come up with other suggestions for
the README. I've just named a few that I know will help me.

David

* Re: svn manuals
@ 2005-11-27  9:29 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-27  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:
> Hans, Taco, et al,
>
> I think it would be a good idea (possibly saving you a lot of list
> answering time) if you put a README file in each manual directory.  This
> could contain instructions such as:

Good idea.

> 1. Which is the main file to compile.

or just display the (series of) command(s) required to run

> 2. Some font handling instructions.
> 3. Or, as font setups head to an environment file, maybe alternate
> environment files could be provided to get a plain vanilla no other
> fonts other than what is supplied with cont-fnt.zip.

That is the idea behind the \startnotmode[atpragma], but those
definitions are a bit buggy. Of course Hans is never *not*
'atpragma', and up 'til now, he was the only person compiling
the manuals.

> Hopefully, other on this list can come up with other suggestions for
> the README. I've just named a few that I know will help me.

Two more items are handy if the files get moved around between people:

4. Original (source) location of the manuals
5. Copyright & Contact info

Taco