* New tmf files?
@ 2005-11-26  8:02 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-11-26  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco et al,

There was some discussion before this current release about including
more tmf files. I downloaded the latest cont-tfm.zip, but see no
evidence of more tmf files. Is that still a future project?

I updated Context via Gerben's updater and I just installed the Latin
modern fonts from Gerben's site about a week and a half ago. Should I
be good to go for a while?

David

* Re: New tmf files?
@ 2005-11-26 10:49 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-26 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:
> Taco et al,
>
> There was some discussion before this current release about including
> more tmf files. I downloaded the latest cont-tfm.zip, but see no
> evidence of more tmf files. Is that still a future project?

They are in a separate file. I do not know whether Gerben will
eventually make that available through the i-installer as well,
but for the moment, the zip file is here:

   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-fnt.zip

> I updated Context via Gerben's updater and I just installed the Latin
> modern fonts from Gerben's site about a week and a half ago. Should I
> be good to go for a while?

Yes, should be fine.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: New tmf files?
@ 2005-11-26 14:28   ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2005-11-26 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26 Nov 2005, at 11:49, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> David Arnold wrote:
>> Taco et al,
>> There was some discussion before this current release about
>> including  more tmf files. I downloaded the latest cont-tfm.zip,
>> but see no  evidence of more tmf files. Is that still a future
>> project?
>
> They are in a separate file. I do not know whether Gerben will
> eventually make that available through the i-installer as well,
> but for the moment, the zip file is here:
>
>   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-fnt.zip

Easy enough to add this to the updater. I have added it to my update
script, so the next ConTeXt release will have this as part of the
tree. As I combine the stuff in one or two archives, I might in the
future have to let the updater follow the division that ConTeXt uses
(-ext, -fnt, etc.), but that is for later.

* Re: New tmf files?
@ 2005-11-26 17:50     ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-11-26 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gerben,

Does this mean that if I wait the 24-hr period and use Context
updater again, I will get these?

@ 2005-11-26 20:24       ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2005-11-26 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26 Nov 2005, at 18:50, David Arnold wrote:

> Gerben,
>
> Does this mean that if I wait the 24-hr period and use Context
> updater again, I will get these?
>
> On Nov 26, 2005, at 6:28 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

>>> They are in a separate file. I do not know whether Gerben will
>>> eventually make that available through the i-installer as well,
>>> but for the moment, the zip file is here:
>>>
>>>   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-fnt.zip
>>>

>> Easy enough to add this to the updater. I have added it to my
>> update script, so the next ConTeXt release will have this as part
>> of the tree. As I combine the stuff in one or two archives, I
>> might in the future have to let the updater follow the division
>> that ConTeXt uses (-ext, -fnt, etc.), but that is for later.

> David

* Re: New tmf files?
@ 2005-11-26 20:36       ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2005-11-26 20:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 26 Nov 2005, at 18:50, David Arnold wrote:

> Gerben,
>
> Does this mean that if I wait the 24-hr period and use Context
> updater again, I will get these?

Only if ConTeXt itself is updated. But in this case I just triggered
a rebuild by hand.

* Re: New tmf files?
@ 2005-11-27 21:03         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-27 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On 26 Nov 2005, at 18:50, David Arnold wrote:
>
>> Gerben,
>>
>> Does this mean that if I wait the 24-hr period and use Context
>> updater again, I will get these?
>

> Only if ConTeXt itself is updated. But in this case I just triggered
> a rebuild by hand.

david: i think that gwtex is about the most up to date tex distribution
you can have, so normally (esp once we have these font issues covered)
you should be pretty up to date -)

Hans