* texfont --listing what isn't there (lbma : LucidaNewMath-Arrows)
@ 2005-11-24 21:09 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-11-24 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans et al,

Working hard. Reading manuals.

I read in the texfont manual that:

lucida $ texfont --listing --ve=yandy --co=lucida

Should:

"this switch will result in a list of metric files of the installed
fonts."

I get, to list the first few:

lucida $ texfont --listing --ve=yandy --co=lucida

TeXFont 2.2.1 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 2000-2004

          checking root : TEXMFFONTS
          checking root : TEXMFLOCAL
               fontpath : /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/
afm/yandy/lucida

                    lbc : LucidaCalligraphy-Italic
                    lbd : LucidaBright-Demi
                   lbdi : LucidaBright-DemiItalic
                  lbdsc : LucidaBrightSmallcaps-Demi
                    lbh : LucidaHandwriting-Italic
                    lbi : LucidaBright-Italic
                   lbki : LucidaCasual-Italic
                   lbkr : LucidaCasual
                    lbl : LucidaBlackletter
                   lbma : LucidaNewMath-Arrows
                  lbmad : LucidaNewMath-Arrows-Demi
                lbmatex : LucidaNewMath-Arrows

However, for example, you can see that lbma is not there:

lucida $ pwd
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/vf/yandy/lucida
lucida $ ls
texnansi-lbc.vf         texnansi-lbrsc.vf       texnansi-lsb.vf
texnansi-lbd.vf         texnansi-lbsl.vf        texnansi-lsbi.vf
texnansi-lbdi.vf        texnansi-lbtb.vf        texnansi-lsd.vf
texnansi-lbdsc.vf       texnansi-lbtbo.vf       texnansi-lsdi.vf
texnansi-lbh.vf         texnansi-lbto.vf        texnansi-lsi.vf
texnansi-lbi.vf         texnansi-lbtr.vf        texnansi-lsr.vf
texnansi-lbki.vf        texnansi-lfd.vf         texnansi-lstb.vf
texnansi-lbkr.vf        texnansi-lfdi.vf        texnansi-lstbo.vf
texnansi-lbl.vf         texnansi-lfi.vf         texnansi-lsto.vf
texnansi-lbr.vf         texnansi-lfr.vf         texnansi-lstr.vf

This is because when I installed with:

sudo texfont --ve=yandy --co=lucida --ma --in

I got lots of skippings, all the math, such as:

        font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Arrows -> math -> skipping
       use supplied tfm : lbma

        font identifier : LucidaNewMath-Arrows-Demi -> math -> skipping
       use supplied tfm : lbmad

Still struggling to figure out what to do about this. Am I
interpreting the --listing switch of texfont incorrectly?

Signed: Struggling in California.

David

* Re: texfont --listing what isn't there (lbma : LucidaNewMath-Arrows)
@ 2005-11-24 23:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-24 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:

> Still struggling to figure out what to do about this. Am I
> interpreting the --listing switch of texfont incorrectly?

just copy them to the tfm path

(since they are special it's too tricky to let texfont do that)

Hans

* Installing YandY Lucida Bright fonts
@ 2005-11-28 13:08   ` Sytse Knypstra
From: Sytse Knypstra @ 2005-11-28 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

Recently a number of ConTeXt users (Hans van der Meer, David Arnold,
Renaud Aubin, me) is trying to install the YandY lucida bright fonts,
including (bold) math.
Wouldn't it be nice if this resulted into a (wikifiable) recipe?

I started as follows (please correct me if I am taking a wrong path):

1. Put all 141 .afm and .pfb files in one directory (in my case c:/temp)

2. Go to this directory and run
     texfont --fontroot=c:/tex/texmf-local --ve=yandy --co=luc --ma --in
--expert
    (Or should --expert be omitted?  In order to avoid clashes with
predefined typescripts based on bh-lucida, I use --co=luc)

 From a recent discussion with David Arnold on the list I conclude that
I now should move lbma.tfm, lbmad.tfm, etc. to the directory
c:/tex/texmf-local/fonts/tfm/yandy/luc.
But unfortunately I don't have these files. How can I create them? Or
should I take the identically named files from Hans's recent
(bh-)lucida.zip file?

(To be continued)

With kind regards,

Sytse

* Re: Installing YandY Lucida Bright fonts
@ 2005-11-28 15:11     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-28 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sytse Knypstra wrote:

> But unfortunately I don't have these files. How can I create them? Or
> should I take the identically named files from Hans's recent
> (bh-)lucida.zip file?

these files come with the (formerly) yandy floppies/cd; just take them
from the posted zip (i suppose that in a while tug will ship those tfm's)

Hans