* \nomarking feature request
@ 2005-11-29  9:31 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-29  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

Currently \nomarking expand into (essentially) \unknown.
Is it possible to make that configurable? I now have

   \section{title\nomarking{\footnote{note}}}
   \marking[section]{title}

and that is rather ugly (or is there a better way?)

Taco

* Re: \nomarking feature request
@ 2005-11-29 10:48 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-29 10:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> Currently \nomarking expand into (essentially) \unknown.
> Is it possible to make that configurable? I now have
>
>   \section{title\nomarking{\footnote{note}}}
>   \marking[section]{title}
>
> and that is rather ugly (or is there a better way?)

it is, kind of; copied from source:

     %\def\nomarking##1{\unknown\ }%
      \def\nomarking{\splitsequence{\getvalue{\??mk#1\c!limittext}}}%

* Re: \nomarking feature request
@ 2005-11-29 12:30   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-11-29 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> Currently \nomarking expand into (essentially) \unknown.
>> Is it possible to make that configurable? I now have
>>
>>   \section{title\nomarking{\footnote{note}}}
>>   \marking[section]{title}
>>
>> and that is rather ugly (or is there a better way?)
>

> it is, kind of; copied from source:
>
>     %\def\nomarking##1{\unknown\ }%
>      \def\nomarking{\splitsequence{\getvalue{\??mk#1\c!limittext}}}%

Yes I saw that, but changing the language parameter has
side-effects :-)

My vote goes to removing the note markers altogether, btw.
Footnote symbols just do not belong inside \mark-ed stuff.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: \nomarking feature request
@ 2005-11-29 13:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-11-29 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> Currently \nomarking expand into (essentially) \unknown.
> Is it possible to make that configurable? I now have
>
>   \section{title\nomarking{\footnote{note}}}
>   \marking[section]{title}
>
> and that is rather ugly (or is there a better way?)

how about introducing an \everymarking and then

\appendtoks \notesenabledfalse \to \everymarking?

Hans