Wolfgang Zillig wrote: >1. when starting scite i get an error: >attempt to call a string value > > >>Lua: error occurred while loading startup script >> >> > >I assume this is due to "import scite-ctx" and in that file there is >"ext.lua.startup.script=$(SciteDefaultHome)/scite-ctx.lua" which I don't >have. > >My solution: I commended "import scite-ctx" out > > ah, i see, i forget to copy the lua script into the zip; attached watch the lof pane for some info at startup (spell checking in tex and xml files only works when you have at the top of the file something % language=uk as well as a spell check list defined in the properties files [one word per line in such a file]) >2. When I try to compile a file then I get the message: ">texmfstart >newtexexec.rb --autopdf --pdf to_do.tex > > >>The system cannot find the file specified." >> >> >When I try the command:"texmfstart newtexexec.rb --autopdf --pdf >to_do.tex" in the command line I get the file compiled without any >problems. I absolutely don't have an idea whats going wrong here. > > > looks like some file association problem; the is a zip with a binary of texmfstart at the web site did you set up a file association? FTYPE LuaScript=c:\data\system\lua\bin\lua.exe %%1 %%* ASSOC .lua=LuaScript >3. all text and context commands are in black and white. Is there a >chance to get color back? > > looks like some messed up properties file ... are you sure that there is no conflicting local prop file? Hans