* The whole (sub)section on a single page
@ 2005-11-12 23:55 Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2005-11-12 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I would like to have the whole (sub)section on a single page unless it
doesn't fit on one page (in this case I don't mind if it starts on a
new page or simply continues on the old one, but it should break
somewhere, that's why putting the content into a \vbox doesn't solve
the problem).

This is perhaps already described somewhere in the documentation, but
I don't know where to look for it (well, I could start reading the
source code for split=yes; perhaps \vsplit could help, but don't know
how exactly to apply it). I can solve the problem temporary by
manually placing page breaks, but I guess that there exists some
really short, simple & elegant solutions for it.

It doesn't need to automatically determine the subsection boundaries
automatically (although this would be great), so I can write something
like this:

\startmaterialforonepage
\subsection{split only if too long for one page}
\dorecurse{10}{whatever comes here \dots }
\stopmaterialforonepage

Thank you,
    Mojca