* bibtexing problems
@ 2005-12-02 12:03 Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-12-02 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo,

I've started to add bibliography to my documents. Now I have some questions:

1. How can I handle multilanguage bibtex files (entries in German and
English)? I'm writing english texts but I need to cite german documents
and in all german references all capital letters are trasfered to small
ones.

2. How to encode glyphs/german umlaute (öäüß) in the bibtex file? It
seems that I can not use utf for that.

3. I have in the bibtex field: "comment = {genauere Analyse des Papers
nötig!}," some comments. They are added at the end the individual
reference. Is there a possibility to suppress this field?

4. is there a way of citing by bibtex key? (to get (Hameury2005) for the
entry @ARTICLE{Hameury2005,...)). I think that is nice to have during
writing the document and only to change this in the final version.

Many thanks

Wolfgang

* Re: bibtexing problems
@ 2005-12-02 13:41 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2005-12-02 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

These questions have nothing to do with ConTeXt, only with bibtex,
which is still a seven-bit application, so you can't use anything
outside ASCII.
On Dec 2, 2005, at 1:03 PM, Wolfgang Zillig wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I've started to add bibliography to my documents. Now I have some
> questions:
>
> 1. How can I handle multilanguage bibtex files (entries in German
> and English)? I'm writing english texts but I need to cite german
> documents and in all german references all capital letters are
> trasfered to small ones.
If you want to preserve capital letters, enclose them in {}: {Z}
auberberg.

> 2. How to encode glyphs/german umlaute (öäüß) in the bibtex file?
> It seems that I can not use utf for that.
{\"a}

> 3. I have in the bibtex field: "comment = {genauere Analyse des
> Papers nötig!}," some comments. They are added at the end the
> individual reference. Is there a possibility to suppress this field?
I don't understand what you have and what you want.

> 4. is there a way of citing by bibtex key? (to get (Hameury2005)
> for the entry @ARTICLE{Hameury2005,...)). I think that is nice to
> have during writing the document and only to change this in the
> final version.

HTH

Thomas

* Re: bibtexing problems
@ 2005-12-02 15:16   ` Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-12-02 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

For a more detailed description: I use Jabraf to organise my literature.
The output is a bib file.  As example:

@ARTICLE{Hameury2005,
  author = {Hameury, S.},
  title = {Moisture buffering capacity of heavy timber tructures
directly exposed
    to an indoor climate: a numerical study},
  journal = {Building and Environment},
  year = {2005},
  volume = {40},
  pages = {1400-1412},
  abstract = {sehr interessante Zusammenstellung von Holz-Eigenschaften!},
  comment = {genauere Analyse des Papers nötig!},
  owner = {zillig},
  pdf = {literatur-holz\moisture buffering capacity of heavy timber
structures
    directly exposed to an indoor climate - a numerical study.pdf},
}

I have to check if it's possible to add extra braces to capital letters
automatically but I thik doing this is archatic.  Is there a
multilanguage feature available? This is probably needed to get the
right hyphenation patterns.

Wolfgang

Thomas A. Schmitz schrieb:

> These questions have nothing to do with ConTeXt, only with bibtex,
> which is still a seven-bit application, so you can't use anything
> outside ASCII.
> On Dec 2, 2005, at 1:03 PM, Wolfgang Zillig wrote:
>
>> Hallo,
>>
>> I've started to add bibliography to my documents. Now I have some
>> questions:
>>
>> 1. How can I handle multilanguage bibtex files (entries in German
>> and English)? I'm writing english texts but I need to cite german
>> documents and in all german references all capital letters are
>> trasfered to small ones.
>
> If you want to preserve capital letters, enclose them in {}: {Z}
> auberberg.
>

>> 2. How to encode glyphs/german umlaute (öäüß) in the bibtex file?  It
>> seems that I can not use utf for that.
>
> {\"a}
>

>> 3. I have in the bibtex field: "comment = {genauere Analyse des
>> Papers nötig!}," some comments. They are added at the end the
>> individual reference. Is there a possibility to suppress this field?
>
> I don't understand what you have and what you want.
>

>> 4. is there a way of citing by bibtex key? (to get (Hameury2005)  for
>> the entry @ARTICLE{Hameury2005,...)). I think that is nice to  have
>> during writing the document and only to change this in the  final
>> version.
>>
> HTH
>
> Thomas

* Re: bibtexing problems
@ 2005-12-02 15:39 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-12-02 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Wolfgang,

For 1. and 2., see Thomas' reply.

Wolfgang Zillig wrote:
> 3. I have in the bibtex field: "comment = {genauere Analyse des Papers
> nötig!}," some comments. They are added at the end the individual
> reference. Is there a possibility to suppress this field?

In the bibl-apa.tex file, you can simply remove all the \insertcomment
commands. Or you can delete the \comment lines from <\jobname>.bbl
(probably easier).

> 4. is there a way of citing by bibtex key? (to get (Hameury2005) for the
> entry @ARTICLE{Hameury2005,...)). I think that is nice to have during
> writing the document and only to change this in the final version.

Sure you can:

   \cite[key][Hameury2005] will give you "Hameury2005"

Greetings,

Taco