* Context 2005.11.30 Released (bis)
@ 2005-12-01 10:51 Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-12-01 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that the new ConTeXt release from Hans Hagen
can be downloaded as of now from the Pragma ADE website or one of its
mirrors.

   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
   http://context.aanhet.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
   http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip

The current release has version 2005.11.30. As usual, there is a
page with more detailed release notes available on the Wiki,
see: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2005.11.30

New features since 2005.11.24:

* A support module for loading DraTex

* Itemgroups now accept a command parameter. This allows \item c.s.
   to work on bits of the following paragraph, like so:

    \def\MyItemCommand#1{{\bf#1}\quad}
    \setupitemgroup[itemize][command=\MyItemCommand]
    \startitemize
    \item {test} is this okay?
    \item {test} is this okay?
    \item {test} is this okay?
    \stopitemize

* Extension for the use of marks in column sets using a new,
   three-argument, call to \getmarking :

    \getmarking[subsection][first][1] % column 1
    \getmarking[subsection][first][3] % column 3

* A set of font synonyms to enable easy ligature prevention
   (esp. useful in XML)

     \usetypescript[serif][handling][noligs]
     \definetypeface[mine][rm][serif]
       [latin-modern][default][encoding=texnansi]
     \definetypeface[mine][rm][serif]
       [latin-modern][default][encoding=texnansi]

     \setupbodyfont[mine,10pt]
     \starttext
     asjemenou-het--lijkt---te----werken
     \stoptext

* \setupinterlinespace[auto] makes interline (double) spacing
   work even across bodyfont switches

* new system modes for the current language:

   {\language[nl]
    \startmode[*en] english \stopmode
    \startmode[*nl] dutch   \stopmode
    \language[en]
    \startmode[*en] english \stopmode
    \startmode[*nl] dutch   \stopmode}

Bug fixes:

* ConTeXt now allows more MP specials, on user request (through
   \manyMPspecials). This is sometimes needed when MetaPost is called
   in-between runs instead of using the shell_escape mechanisms

* use TEXMFTE and TEXMFGW in type-tmf.dat. This allows texfont to
   function correctly under gwtex.

* Use the new map file names for the font families/typescripts antt,
   iwona, and kurier.

* Footnote markers no longer appear in headings

Happy TeXing,

Taco Hoekwater

* Re: Context 2005.11.30 Released (bis)
@ 2005-12-01 12:25 ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-12-01 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> New features since 2005.11.24:
 >
> * Extension for the use of marks in column sets using a new,
>   three-argument, call to \getmarking :
>
>    \getmarking[subsection][first][1] % column 1
>    \getmarking[subsection][first][3] % column 3

If Hans did not change a syntax after testing version for me, the
correct syntax is

     \getmarking[subsection][1][first] % column 1
     \getmarking[subsection][3][first] % column 3

Vit

* Re: Context 2005.11.30 Released (bis)
@ 2005-12-01 19:16 ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-12-01 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans, Taco,

Just installed the newest update and update my manual tree via svn. I
can report that the uplt8r problem has not gone away. I know how to
fix it, but I thought you wanted to see this and address type-diz or
something like that?

(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-buy.tex))
kpathsea: Running mktextfm uplr8t
mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1;
nonstopmode; input uplr8t
This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.5)

kpathsea: Running mktexmf uplr8t
! I can't find file `uplr8t'.
<*> ...:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input uplr8t

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> ...:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input uplr8t

Transcript written on mfput.log.
grep: uplr8t.log: No such file or directory
mktextfm: `mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode;
input uplr8t' failed to make uplr8t.tfm.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

! Font \*palatino12ptrmtf*:=uplr8t at 12.0pt not loadable: Metric
(TFM) file no
t found.
<to be read again>
                    \relax
\xxdododefinefont ...tspec {#4}\newfontidentifier
                                                   \let
\localrelativefontsiz...

\fontstrategy ...me \fontclass #2#3#4#5\endcsname
                                                   \tryingfontfalse \fi
<inserted text> ...yle \fontalternative \fontsize
                                                   \fi \iftryingfont
\fontstr...

\synchronizefont ...strategy \the \fontstrategies
                                                   \relax \fi
\iftryingfont \...
<argument> \getvalue {\@style@ \fontstyle }
                                            \edef \fontstyle
{\fontstyle }\if...
l.65     \setupbodyfont[palatino,10pt]

?

On Dec 1, 2005, at 2:51 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am pleased to announce that the new ConTeXt release from Hans Hagen
> can be downloaded as of now from the Pragma ADE website or one of its
> mirrors.
>
>   http://www.pragma-ade.com/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>   http://context.aanhet.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>   http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/current/cont-tmf.zip
>
> The current release has version 2005.11.30. As usual, there is a
> page with more detailed release notes available on the Wiki,
> see: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Context_2005.11.30
>
> New features since 2005.11.24:
>
> * A support module for loading DraTex
>
> * Itemgroups now accept a command parameter. This allows \item c.s.
>   to work on bits of the following paragraph, like so:
>
>    \def\MyItemCommand#1{{\bf#1}\quad}
>    \setupitemgroup[itemize][command=\MyItemCommand]
>    \startitemize
>    \item {test} is this okay?
>    \item {test} is this okay?
>    \item {test} is this okay?
>    \stopitemize
>
> * Extension for the use of marks in column sets using a new,
>   three-argument, call to \getmarking :
>
>    \getmarking[subsection][first][1] % column 1
>    \getmarking[subsection][first][3] % column 3
>
> * A set of font synonyms to enable easy ligature prevention
>   (esp. useful in XML)
>
>     \usetypescript[serif][handling][noligs]
>     \definetypeface[mine][rm][serif]
>       [latin-modern][default][encoding=texnansi]
>     \definetypeface[mine][rm][serif]
>       [latin-modern][default][encoding=texnansi]
>
>     \setupbodyfont[mine,10pt]
>     \starttext
>     asjemenou-het--lijkt---te----werken
>     \stoptext
>
> * \setupinterlinespace[auto] makes interline (double) spacing
>   work even across bodyfont switches
>
> * new system modes for the current language:
>
>   {\language[nl]
>    \startmode[*en] english \stopmode
>    \startmode[*nl] dutch   \stopmode
>    \language[en]
>    \startmode[*en] english \stopmode
>    \startmode[*nl] dutch   \stopmode}
>
> Bug fixes:
>
> * ConTeXt now allows more MP specials, on user request (through
>   \manyMPspecials). This is sometimes needed when MetaPost is called
>   in-between runs instead of using the shell_escape mechanisms
>
> * use TEXMFTE and TEXMFGW in type-tmf.dat. This allows texfont to
>   function correctly under gwtex.
>
> * Use the new map file names for the font families/typescripts antt,
>   iwona, and kurier.
>
> * Footnote markers no longer appear in headings
>

> Happy TeXing,
>
> Taco Hoekwater

David Arnold
College of the Redwoods
Mathematics Department
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 476-4222
http://online.redwoods.edu/instruct/darnold/

* Re: Context 2005.11.30 Released (bis)
@ 2005-12-02 14:09   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-02 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:

> Hans, Taco,
>
> Just installed the newest update and update my manual tree via svn. I
> can report that the uplt8r problem has not gone away. I know how to
> fix it, but I thought you wanted to see this and address type-diz or
> something like that?
>
> (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/context/base/type-buy.tex))
> kpathsea: Running mktextfm uplr8t
> mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1;
> nonstopmode; input uplr8t
> This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.5)
>
> kpathsea: Running mktexmf uplr8t
> ! I can't find file `uplr8t'.
> <*> ...:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input uplr8t

i dunno, here i have that file in (latest texlive dump)

  c:\data\develop/tex/texmf/fonts/tfm/urw35vf/palatino/uplr8t.tfm

this is why i prefer texfont metrics  ...  one can never be sure if
metrics are shipped and this changes by the year

when compiling manuals ... jjust install cont-fnt.tex (and run mktexlsr
afterwards), and forget about the berry name scheme

Hans

* Re: Context 2005.11.30 Released (bis)
@ 2005-12-05 11:29   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-05 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vit Zyka wrote:

> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>> New features since 2005.11.24:
>

>> * Extension for the use of marks in column sets using a new,
>>   three-argument, call to \getmarking :
>>
>>    \getmarking[subsection][first][1] % column 1
>>    \getmarking[subsection][first][3] % column 3
>

> If Hans did not change a syntax after testing version for me, the
> correct syntax is
>
>     \getmarking[subsection][1][first] % column 1
>     \getmarking[subsection][3][first] % column 3

indeed

Hans