* Output PDF version
@ 2005-12-08 17:39 Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-12-08 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I just came across a situation where I must produce a pdf that has
version 1.3 (or in worst case 1.4). I did not find anything on
contextgarden or in the archives. Is there any ConTeXt command for
this? I tried with

\pdfoptionpdfminorversion=3

in the beginning of the file (as suggested on comp.text.tex), but
still, acroread says it is a pdf version 1.5...

/Micke P

* Re: Output PDF version
@ 2005-12-08 18:32 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-12-08 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just came across a situation where I must produce a pdf that has
> version 1.3 (or in worst case 1.4). I did not find anything on
> contextgarden or in the archives. Is there any ConTeXt command for
> this? I tried with
>
> \pdfoptionpdfminorversion=3

In pdftex 1.30, the primitive is renamed to

   \pdfminorversion

For me, \pdfminorversion=3  that works, but then again, so
does:

   \pdfoptionpdfminorversion=3

so perhaps something else is wrong. Are you setting the version
command before or after \setupoutput ? (it should be after).

Taco

* Re: Output PDF version
@ 2005-12-08 18:50   ` Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2005-12-08 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/8/05, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:
> Mikael Persson wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I just came across a situation where I must produce a pdf that has
> > version 1.3 (or in worst case 1.4). I did not find anything on
> > contextgarden or in the archives. Is there any ConTeXt command for
> > this? I tried with
> >
> > \pdfoptionpdfminorversion=3
>
> In pdftex 1.30, the primitive is renamed to
>
>    \pdfminorversion
>
> For me, \pdfminorversion=3  that works, but then again, so
> does:
>
>    \pdfoptionpdfminorversion=3
>
> so perhaps something else is wrong. Are you setting the version
> command before or after \setupoutput ? (it should be after).
>

> Taco

Taco, thank you very much!
Of course I had it the line before insead of after. :)
It works now!

Best Regards, Micke P

* Re: Output PDF version
@ 2005-12-08 22:03 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-08 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I just came across a situation where I must produce a pdf that has
>version 1.3 (or in worst case 1.4). I did not find anything on
>contextgarden or in the archives. Is there any ConTeXt command for
>this? I tried with
>
>\pdfoptionpdfminorversion=3
>
>in the beginning of the file (as suggested on comp.text.tex), but
>still, acroread says it is a pdf version 1.5...

it's \pdfminorversion nowadays (there has been a cleanup in pdftex
primitives); make sure that you set it *after* spec-tpd is loaded

Hans

* Re: Output PDF version
@ 2005-12-08 22:08   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-08 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Mikael Persson wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I just came across a situation where I must produce a pdf that has
>> version 1.3 (or in worst case 1.4). I did not find anything on
>> contextgarden or in the archives. Is there any ConTeXt command for
>> this? I tried with
>>
>> \pdfoptionpdfminorversion=3
>

> In pdftex 1.30, the primitive is renamed to
>
>   \pdfminorversion
>
> For me, \pdfminorversion=3  that works, but then again, so
> does:
>
>   \pdfoptionpdfminorversion=3

indeed spec-tpd does probvde a backward compatible hack

> so perhaps something else is wrong. Are you setting the version
> command before or after \setupoutput ? (it should be after).

maybe there is a \setupoutput[pdftex] following? (in that case, reverse
the order)

Hans