* What is the prescribed way to add attachments to a list posting?
@ 2011-11-22 13:17 Pavneet Arora
From: Pavneet Arora @ 2011-11-22 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In my last posting, I had included the source and .pdf output as attachments,
but it seems that the source was included in-line and the .pdf was discarded.
Is there a prescribed way to include attachments?

Thanks.

--
-----
- Pavneet Arora

* Re: What is the prescribed way to add attachments to a list posting?
@ 2011-11-22 13:24 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-11-22 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 14:17, Pavneet Arora wrote:
> In my last posting, I had included the source and .pdf output as
> attachments, but it seems that the source was included in-line and the .pdf
> was discarded. Is there a prescribed way to include attachments?

Attachments usually survive, but they may not exceed a certain size
limit. Usually that is problematic - PDF documents may get very large,
even the most simple ones usually exceed size limit (it depends on
what engine and what fonts you use).

I don't know why text attachment was converted into an inline one
(gmail often displays simple text documents inline, but that doesn't
mean that they were converted by mailman). Usually that doesn't happen
unless a moderator did that or something weird happened :).

Many people upload PDFs to their own servers and post a link if PDFs
are large. Sometimes you can attach PNG with a screenshot of
problematic part. You could also make an attachment in bug reporting
software (http://tracker.luatex.org/) if you are reporting a bug.

Mojca

* Re: What is the prescribed way to add attachments to a list posting?
@ 2011-11-22 14:20   ` Pavneet Arora
From: Pavneet Arora @ 2011-11-22 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Thanks, Mojca. I was looking at the web-interface of the archives. It seems that the attachments *were* including in the mailing list message, but were converted/stripped in the archives.

Regards.
--
Sent from my Nokia N900. Please excuse my brevity.

@ 2011-11-22 16:07     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2011-11-22 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 15:20, Pavneet Arora wrote:
> Thanks, Mojca. I was looking at the web-interface of the archives. It seems
> that the attachments *were* including in the mailing list message, but were
> converted/stripped in the archives.
\b
They are not really removed, but it might be that they are not shown
in lurker (archive.contextgarden.net) for whatever reason.

Mojca

* Re: What is the prescribed way to add attachments to a list posting?
@ 2011-11-23  8:33       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2011-11-23  8:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Thanks, Mojca. I was looking at the web-interface of the archives. It seems
>> that the attachments *were* including in the mailing list message, but were
>> converted/stripped in the archives.
> \b
> They are not really removed, but it might be that they are not shown
> in lurker (archive.contextgarden.net) for whatever reason.

they are archived but not displayed. For some reason I've turned that off (IIRC). But the archive is moving anyway, so I don't think it is really necessary to change things for just a short period of time.

Patrick