* footnote disappeared when used in background text
@ 2005-12-12  7:31 Xiao Jianfeng
From: Xiao Jianfeng @ 2005-12-12  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I found that \footnote cannot work correctly as I expected.
Here is my source file:
%--------------------------------------------------------------------------
%\loadmapfile[gbk]
%\usemodule[chinese]
\setuppagenumbering[location=inright]
\setupbodyfont[lbr,12pt]
\setupindenting[big,yes]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupbackground[state=start,background=screen,cornor=round]
\setupinterlinespace[line=20pt]

\starttext

\startbackground
some words \footnote{ some words some words some words some words some
words some words some words some words some words}
\stopbackground

\stoptex
%--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This file can compile successfully and produce a pdf file, but if you try to
compile this file on your system you will find that the footnote
disappeared.

I'm using the latest version(2005.12.01).

Is this a bug ?

Regrads,

xiajf

* Re: footnote disappeared when used in background text
@ 2005-12-12 17:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-12 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Xiao Jianfeng wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I found that \footnote cannot work correctly as I expected.
>Here is my source file:
>%--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>%\loadmapfile[gbk]
>%\usemodule[chinese]
>\setuppagenumbering[location=inright]
>\setupbodyfont[lbr,12pt]
>\setupindenting[big,yes]
>\setupcolors[state=start]
>\setupbackground[state=start,background=screen,cornor=round]
>\setupinterlinespace[line=20pt]
>
>\starttext
>
>\startbackground
>some words \footnote{ some words some words some words some words some
>words some words some words some words some words}
>\stopbackground
>
>\stoptex
>%--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>This file can compile successfully and produce a pdf file, but if you try to
>compile this file on your system you will find that the footnote
>disappeared.
>
>I'm using the latest version(2005.12.01).
>
>Is this a bug ?

no, a side effect, (no inserts in boxes)

best use textbackgrounds (or some wrapper like:

\unprotect

\definetextbackground
  [\??ag]
  [\c!location=\v!text,
   \c!corner=\v!round,
   \c!state=\v!stop,
   \c!framecolor=black]

\def\setupbackground{\setuptextbackground[\??ag]}
\def\startbackground{\starttextbackground[\??ag]}
\def\stopbackground {\stoptextbackground}

\protect

\setupbackground[state=start,background=color,cornor=round]

* Re: footnote disappeared when used in background text
@ 2005-12-13  6:08   ` Xiao Jianfeng
From: Xiao Jianfeng @ 2005-12-13  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> Xiao Jianfeng wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I found that \footnote cannot work correctly as I expected.
>> Here is my source file:
>> %--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> %\loadmapfile[gbk]
>> %\usemodule[chinese]
>> \setuppagenumbering[location=inright]
>> \setupbodyfont[lbr,12pt]
>> \setupindenting[big,yes]
>> \setupcolors[state=start]
>> \setupbackground[state=start,background=screen,cornor=round]
>> \setupinterlinespace[line=20pt]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> \startbackground
>> some words \footnote{ some words some words some words some words some
>> words some words some words some words some words}
>> \stopbackground
>>
>> \stoptex
>> %--------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> This file can compile successfully and produce a pdf file, but if you
>> try to
>> compile this file on your system you will find that the footnote
>> disappeared.
>>
>> I'm using the latest version(2005.12.01).
>>
>> Is this a bug ?
>>

> no, a side effect, (no inserts in boxes)
>
> best use textbackgrounds (or some wrapper like:
>
> \unprotect
>
> \definetextbackground
>  [\??ag]
>  [\c!location=\v!text,
>   \c!corner=\v!round,
>   \c!state=\v!stop,
>   \c!framecolor=black]
>
> \def\setupbackground{\setuptextbackground[\??ag]}
> \def\startbackground{\starttextbackground[\??ag]}
> \def\stopbackground {\stoptextbackground}
>
> \protect
>
> \setupbackground[state=start,background=color,cornor=round]

Thanks, I use \startframedtext instead, and it works well :-)