* A very little error in texmf.cnf
@ 2005-12-10 15:40 Nicolas Grilly
From: Nicolas Grilly @ 2005-12-10 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a very little error in file "/tex/texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf".

This file is contained in archive "justtex.zip" downloaded from Pragma web
site.

It lacks a "S" after TEXMFPROJECT in definition of TEXMF :

TEXMF =
{!!$TEXMFPROJECTS,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFEXTRA,!!$TEXMFMAIN}

Sincerely,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Grilly
Garden - Conseil et Etudes CRM

* Re: A very little error in texmf.cnf
@ 2005-12-12  9:11 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-12  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nicolas Grilly wrote:

> There is a very little error in file "/tex/texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf".
>
> This file is contained in archive "justtex.zip" downloaded from Pragma
> web site.
>
> It lacks a "S" after TEXMFPROJECT in definition of TEXMF :
>
> TEXMF =
> {!!$TEXMFPROJECTS,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFEXTRA,!!$TEXMFMAIN}

eh ... why should that be plural?

Hans

* Re: A very little error in texmf.cnf
@ 2005-12-12  9:15   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-12-12  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Nicolas Grilly wrote:
>
>> There is a very little error in file "/tex/texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf".
>>
>> This file is contained in archive "justtex.zip" downloaded from Pragma
>> web site.
>>
>> It lacks a "S" after TEXMFPROJECT in definition of TEXMF :
>>
>> TEXMF =
>> {!!$TEXMFPROJECTS,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFEXTRA,!!$TEXMFMAIN}
>
> eh ... why should that be plural?

It should agree with this line, surely:

   TEXMFPROJECTS = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-projects

Taco

* Re: A very little error in texmf.cnf
@ 2005-12-12  9:43     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-12  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> Nicolas Grilly wrote:
>>
>>> There is a very little error in file
>>> "/tex/texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf".
>>>
>>> This file is contained in archive "justtex.zip" downloaded from
>>> Pragma web site.
>>>
>>> It lacks a "S" after TEXMFPROJECT in definition of TEXMF :
>>>
>>> TEXMF =
>>> {!!$TEXMFPROJECTS,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFEXTRA,!!$TEXMFMAIN}
>>>

>> eh ... why should that be plural?
>

> It should agree with this line, surely:
>
>   TEXMFPROJECTS = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-projects

ah, then that one should be singular (i always set that one in other
setup scripts)

TEXMFPROJECT = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-project

Hans

* RE: A very little error in texmf.cnf
@ 2005-12-13 17:59       ` Nicolas Grilly
From: Nicolas Grilly @ 2005-12-13 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans wrote:

> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
> > Hans Hagen wrote:

> {!!$TEXMFPROJECTS,!!$TEXMFFONTS,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFEXTRA,!!$TEXMF
> >>>

> >> eh ... why should that be plural?
> >

> > It should agree with this line, surely:
> >
> >   TEXMFPROJECTS = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-projects
>
> ah, then that one should be singular (i always set that one
> in other setup scripts)
>
> TEXMFPROJECT = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-project

The issue is one expression is singular and the other one is plural. We need
to have the same convention for each expression. So, yes, it's possible to
change the other line to singular to fix this very little bug ;-)

* Re: A very little error in texmf.cnf
@ 2005-12-13 21:45         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-13 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nicolas Grilly wrote:

>The issue is one expression is singular and the other one is plural. We need
>to have the same convention for each expression. So, yes, it's possible to
>change the other line to singular to fix this very little bug ;-)

singular is what i want it to be (since i use it at all our machines)

Hans

* RE: A very little error in texmf.cnf
@ 2005-12-14 21:27           ` Nicolas Grilly
From: Nicolas Grilly @ 2005-12-14 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fine. So, we need to change the following line from texmf.cnf:

  TEXMFPROJECTS = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-projects

Into:

  TEXMFPROJECT = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-project

Without that modification, the directory texmf-project is not included in
TeX search path.

Nicolas

@ 2005-12-14 22:01             ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-14 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nicolas Grilly wrote:

>Fine. So, we need to change the following line from texmf.cnf:
>
>  TEXMFPROJECTS = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-projects
>
>Into:
>
>  TEXMFPROJECT = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-project

indeed (btw, normally this is set with setuptex)

Hans