* extra nattab split in columns
@ 2005-12-14 21:27 Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2005-12-14 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

there occurs extra page break when natural tables is in the columns:
------------------------------------
\showframe

\starttext

\startcolumns
   Text.
   \bTABLE[split=yes]
     \dorecurse{100}{\bTR\bTD line\eTD\eTR}
   \eTABLE
\stopcolumns

\stoptext
------------------------------------

I do not know why there is extra \page
      \bgroup\page\egroup
inside of \splittblboxa (core-ntb). Box breaking should be implicit here
(we are not inside a float here since \splittblbox forks this), should not?

Commenting mentioned line(s) solves this special problem.
Not understanding all background I do not know if it causes some
unwanted side-effect.

Vit

* Re: extra nattab split in columns
@ 2005-12-14 22:14 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-14 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vit Zyka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> there occurs extra page break when natural tables is in the columns:
> ------------------------------------
> \showframe
>
> \starttext
>
> \startcolumns
>   Text.
>   \bTABLE[split=yes]
>     \dorecurse{100}{\bTR\bTD line\eTD\eTR}
>   \eTABLE
> \stopcolumns
>
> \stoptext
> ------------------------------------
>
> I do not know why there is extra \page
>      \bgroup\page\egroup
> inside of \splittblboxa (core-ntb). Box breaking should be implicit
> here (we are not inside a float here since \splittblbox forks this),
> should not?

some rounding problem (it's rather hard in tex to determine some
conditions)

for the moment, add a strut to the par:

test \strut

you can file a bug in the collector (tricky to fix without breaking
existing docs)

Hans