* New bibliography beta
@ 2005-12-16 18:18 David Wooten
From: David Wooten @ 2005-12-16 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings all, esp. Taco,
I'm finally working with the new bib module, it works quite well.
I've found one curiosity: I have a /defineparagraphs (semi?)-kludge
in a modified bibl- file to take care of some wonky (but  beautiful)
layout demands. It worked perfectly in the last version:

  \defineparagraphs [bibpar]
		[n=3,before=\vskip -1.75\baselineskip,after=\vskip -1.25
\baselineskip,distance=.2em,align={hz,hanging}]
\setupparagraphs [bibpar] [1]
		[width=1.5em]
\setupparagraphs [bibpar] [2]
		[width=3.3em]

What appears to be happening is that the "after" command no longer
has any effect---regardless of its content. The "before" command
works as expected.

Thanks again for your time,
David

* Re: New bibliography beta
@ 2005-12-16 18:57 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-12-16 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Wooten wrote:
> Greetings all, esp. Taco,
> I'm finally working with the new bib module, it works quite well.  I've
> found one curiosity: I have a /defineparagraphs (semi?)-kludge  in a
> modified bibl- file to take care of some wonky (but  beautiful)  layout
> demands. It worked perfectly in the last version:
>
>  \defineparagraphs [bibpar]
>         [n=3,before=\vskip -1.75\baselineskip,after=\vskip -1.25
> \baselineskip,distance=.2em,align={hz,hanging}]

Possibly because I added some unskips as a quick fix for whitespace
problems in the bibl- definitions. Try this:

   \defineparagraphs [bibpar]
          ... after=\vskip -1.25\baselineskip\vskip1sp

(so using two skips in succession instead of just one)

If that doesn't work, then I need a more elaborate example.

Cheers, Taco