Hi, Renaud AUBIN wrote: >> >> > [failing \cite commands in a component file] I've found the problem, and it is in fact not related to the bib module (and not really to the project structure either). The real culprit was a bug in the tuo file loader, triggered by your \useencoding[ffr] in the environment file. Your environment file is loaded *after* \startproduct (which implies \starttext), and therefore the switch comes too late. Moving the three french language related lines to the stop of the actual prd_phd.tex file (before \starttext) solves the problem. (What follows is for Hans' benefit mostly) Nasty little bug, this. I only found it because eventually, I decided to test the citations using explicit "\in{}[]" and found out that that didn't work either. I've attached a minimal file demonstrating the bug. Here is the problem in the tuo: \thisissectionseparator{-} % <= NOTE! .... \twopassentry{floatdata}{0}{1::1} % <= WRONG, loading of .tuo aborted \twopassentry{float}{1}{1} When I remove either this float, or the \useencoding line, all is fine, but simple redefining \dosavefloatdata was not enough apparently, because that did not work. Cheers, Taco