* trouble with typescripts
@ 2005-10-30  7:59 Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2005-10-30  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have a specific problem with a typescriptfile that may be of
general interest (the problem, not the typescript). I have collected
a number of font definitions into one file and have observed that
certain fonts cannot coexist. One small example:

\starttypescript[greekcanonica]
% font definitions
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript[GreekCanonica]
\definetypeface[MyGreekCanonica]
\stoptypescript

and
\starttypescript[greekcardo]
% font definitions
\stoptypescript

\starttypescript
\definetypeface[MyGreekCardo]
\stoptypescript

cannot be defined in the same typescriptfile. If I comment A out, B
will work; it A is uncommented, ConTeXt will complain about missing
font definitions for B. So I would suspect that in processing
typescripts, names are somehow truncated to 9 or less characters. So
these questions arise:

1. Can this be changed? (We had a similar behavior with names of
modules, which was changed a while ago, I think.)

2. Is there a workaround? Is it possible to add other parameters to
the \definetypeface[] line?

Best

Thomas

* Re: trouble with typescripts
@ 2005-12-18  8:06 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2005-12-18  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Replying to my own ooooooold question: this problem has disappeared
in newer versions of ConTeXt, as I just found out -- thanks for
taking care of it! Taco, one wish for the bug collector: could we
have a place for resolved bugs (or is it there and I just didn't find
it)? I knew there had been a bug report wrt this problem, and it
would've been reassuring to see a "resolved" tag attached to it.

Thanks, and best

Thomas

@ 2005-12-18  9:05   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-12-18  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Taco, one wish for the bug collector: could we  have a place
> for resolved bugs (or is it there and I just didn't find  it)? I knew
> there had been a bug report wrt this problem, and it  would've been
> reassuring to see a "resolved" tag attached to it.

The collector has bugs with a status of 'resolved', but at the
moment, not even 25% of the bugs make it to the collector. If a
ug is pronounced fixed before I can free the time to add an item
to the collector, then I generally do not bother adding it at
all (my time is too precious for that). That accounts for about
60% of the missing entries.

The other bugs not in the collector are simply because I missed
the bug report or did not have time yet to add them.

Taco