* Legal Project Structure
@ 2005-12-18  1:53 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-12-18  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

I have files:

~/IntermediateAlgebraText/book.tex
~/IntermediateAlgebraText/bookenv.tex
~/IntermediateAlgebraText/chapter1/chapter1.tex
~/IntermediateAlgebraText/chapter8/chapter8.tex

I also have:

~/IntermediateAlgebraText/chapter1/section1.tex
~/IntermediateAlgebraText/chapter1/section2.tex
~/IntermediateAlgebraText/chapter1/section3.tex

And similar files for each of the eight chapters. Here is my project
file: ~/IntermediateAlgebraText/book.tex

%output=pdftex

\startproject book

\environment bookenv

\product chapter1/chapter1

\product chapter2/chapter2

\product chapter3/chapter3

\product chapter4/chapter4

\product chapter5/chapter5

\product chapter6/chapter6

\product chapter7/chapter7

\product chapter8/chapter8

\stopproject

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: conTeXt-en
%%% End:

Here, for example, is my ~/IntermediateAlgebraText/chapter1/chapter1.tex

\startproduct chapter1

\project book

\startbodymatter

\chapter[chap:1]{Functions}

\input zapf

\component section1

\component section2

\component section3

\stopbodymatter

\stopproduct

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: conTeXt-en
%%% End:

As an example of a section, consider ~/IntermediateAlgebraText/
chapter1/section1.tex

%output=pdf

\startcomponent section1

\project book
\product chapter1

\section[sec:1]{The Function Concept}

\input knuth

\stopcomponent

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: conTeXt-en
%%% End:

This look OK to folks? Will I get in trouble with this plan?