* How to upgrade ConTeXt on a pre-installed version coming with tetex-3.0?
@ 2005-12-18 18:03 R S Ananda Murthy
From: R S Ananda Murthy @ 2005-12-18 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am using Slackware 10.2 which comes with tetex-3.0. In this, I want to
upgrade ConTeXt to the latest version. How to do this?

Thanks for your help,

Anand

* Re: How to upgrade ConTeXt on a pre-installed version coming with tetex-3.0?
@ 2005-12-18 19:19 ` Radhelorn
From: Radhelorn @ 2005-12-18 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

R S Ananda Murthy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using Slackware 10.2 which comes with tetex-3.0. In this, I want to
> upgrade ConTeXt to the latest version. How to do this?
>
> Thanks for your help,

Just follow instructions in

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/TeTeX_3.0_installation

I've upgraded ConTeXt on my Slackware many times without any problems.

BTW, you need to do all steps only once. After you setup teTeX to use
ConTeXt in local tree subsequent upgrades can be as simple as just
unpacking cont-tmf.zip into this tree (but read release notes carefully).

--
Radhelorn <radhelorn@mail.ru>

* Re: How to upgrade ConTeXt on a pre-installed version coming with tetex-3.0?
@ 2005-12-18 20:05 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-18 20:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

R S Ananda Murthy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Slackware 10.2 which comes with tetex-3.0. In this, I want to
> upgrade ConTeXt to the latest version. How to do this?

there is info on that in the wiki (contextgarden.net)

Hans