* Trivial \cite & m-bib related question
@ 2005-12-15 21:40 Renaud AUBIN
       [not found] ` <43A30B6F.9000107@elvenkind.com>
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2005-12-15 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I've a doc structured as followed :

env_phd.tex

biblio.bib

project_phd.tex
    --> prd_phd.tex
            --> c_intro.tex (frontmatter)
            --> c_chap1.tex (bodymatter)

I have read the previous thread [NTG-context] bibmodule + project, the
result is :
    - in each components :
    \usepublications[prd_phd]
    - in prd_phd.tex (before \starttext)
    \setupbibtex[database=biblio,sort=author]
    \setuppublications[alternative=num-fr]
    \usepublications[prd_phd]

My biblio.bib contains :

@InProceedings{reno,
  author =      {{Aubin}, Renaud},
  title =      {Titre test},
  booktitle = {book title test},
  pages =      {1--100},
  year =      2005
}

I have compiled my product with :
texexec --once prd_phd
bibtex prd_phd
texexec prd_phd
texexec prd_phd
texexec prd_phd

I have a \cite[reno] in c_intro.tex, the prd_phd.bbl is ok and
\completepublications works well I obtain [??] as the result of \cite
and the log gives me :
references      : unknown reference [][reno]
though my prd_phd.bbl =

\setuppublicationlist[samplesize={{Aub}05},totalnumber=1]

\startpublication[k=reno,t=inproceedings,
a={{{Aubin}}},y=2005,
n=1,s={Aub}05]
\author[]{Renaud}[R.]{}{{Aubin}}
\pubyear{2005}
\arttitle{Titre test}
\title{book title test}
\pages{1--100}
\stoppublication

and the log

publications    : loading database from prd_phd.bbl

I don't understand what happened... What I'm doing wrong ? I have try
some options for \cite but it's not better and my understanding of m-bib
need to be improved since i've recently switched from LaTeX to ConTeXt.

* TUO loading bug
       [not found]             ` <43A41F45.7050700@nibua-r.org>
@ 2005-12-17 17:09               ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-12-17 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> [failing \cite commands in a component file]

I've found the problem, and it is in fact not related to the bib
module (and not really to the project structure either). The real
culprit was a bug in the tuo file loader, triggered by your

   \useencoding[ffr]

in the environment file. Your environment file is loaded *after*
\startproduct (which implies \starttext), and therefore the switch
comes too late. Moving the three french language related lines to
the stop of the actual prd_phd.tex file (before \starttext) solves
the problem.

(What follows is for Hans' benefit mostly)

Nasty little bug, this. I only found it because eventually, I
decided to test the citations using explicit "\in{}[]" and
found out that that didn't work either. I've attached a minimal
file demonstrating the bug.

Here is the problem in the tuo:

   \thisissectionseparator{-} % <= NOTE!
   \twopassentry{floatdata}{0}{1::1} % <= WRONG, loading of .tuo aborted
   \twopassentry{float}{1}{1}

When I remove either this float, or the \useencoding line, all is fine,
but simple redefining \dosavefloatdata was not enough apparently,
because that did not work.

Cheers, Taco

[-- Attachment #2: test.tex --]

* Re: TUO loading bug
@ 2005-12-19 12:44                 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-19 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Renaud AUBIN wrote:
>

>> [failing \cite commands in a component file]
>

> I've found the problem, and it is in fact not related to the bib
> module (and not really to the project structure either). The real
> culprit was a bug in the tuo file loader, triggered by your
>
>   \useencoding[ffr]
>
> in the environment file. Your environment file is loaded *after*
> \startproduct (which implies \starttext), and therefore the switch
> comes too late. Moving the three french language related lines to
> the stop of the actual prd_phd.tex file (before \starttext) solves
> the problem.
>
> (What follows is for Hans' benefit mostly)
>
> Nasty little bug, this. I only found it because eventually, I
> decided to test the citations using explicit "\in{}[]" and
> found out that that didn't work either. I've attached a minimal
> file demonstrating the bug.
>
> Here is the problem in the tuo:
>
>   \thisissectionseparator{-} % <= NOTE!
>   \twopassentry{floatdata}{0}{1::1} % <= WRONG, loading of .tuo aborted
>   \twopassentry{float}{1}{1}
>
> When I remove either this float, or the \useencoding line, all is fine,
> but simple redefining \dosavefloatdata was not enough apparently,
> because that did not work.

French users can best add:

\enablemode[activecolon] \usemodule[tryout]

to their cont-sys.tex file, just to make sure that *all* o ftheir
utility files use the - instead of :

on my (long term) agenda is to remove the :/- separator and go {}

also, french users should start switching to the new pdftes trickery (i
need to check that)

Hans