Hi, It seems that there is a problem with parsing betex - etex blocks in the following situation: I can not say with which version this has been introduced. (I messed up my old TeX, so I have only new ones) I tested this with the version of 19-12-2005 an 30-11-2005. \setMPtext{1}{CENTER} \startuseMPgraphic{TEST} picture Text; Text := \MPbetex{1}; draw Text; \stopuseMPgraphic the betex-etex block will look like 'tex CENTERetex' of course the etex should be separated by a space. For testing I attach the minimal file. Willi