Hello, Hans Hagen wrote: >> b) How to change the numberformat used? > eh ... wang lei should know ... i have to look into it (chinese > supports multiple number formats) I think I found it (it is a bit burried in font-chi.tex): \startitemize[c] (or cn) gives the normal Chinese number, cc the capitalized, ec the normal Chinese number with one-character alternatives for 20 and 30 and ac the Arabic style of numbering. (For those who'd like to have a how to on using Chinese with UTF-8, I updated http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Chinese ) Attached you find the traditional characters (as used in Taiwan, Hongkong [possibly decreasing], and in China before 1955); one should provide some method to switch between those and the simplified ones defined; maybe an option for \setupchinese? Tobias