* usage of module pstricks?
@ 2005-12-21 13:38 Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-12-21 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

can anybody give me a minimal example how to use the module m-pstric.tex?

I tried following minimal example:

\usemodule[pstric]

\starttext
 \startPSTRICKS
   \pspicture(0,0)(10,10)
     \dorecurse{10}{\psline(0,0)(\recurselevel,10)}
     \dorecurse{10}{\psline(0,0)(10,\recurselevel)}
   \endpspicture
 \stopPSTRICKS

\stoptext

But this results into a gray shaded box with the following content:
"name:dummy, file: texweb-texapp.eps, state: unknown"

Thanks

Wolfgang

* Re: usage of module pstricks?
@ 2005-12-21 14:02 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-21 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Zillig wrote:

> Hello,
>
> can anybody give me a minimal example how to use the module m-pstric.tex?
>
> I tried following minimal example:
>
> \usemodule[pstric]
>
> \starttext
> \startPSTRICKS
>   \pspicture(0,0)(10,10)
>     \dorecurse{10}{\psline(0,0)(\recurselevel,10)}
>     \dorecurse{10}{\psline(0,0)(10,\recurselevel)}
>   \endpspicture
> \stopPSTRICKS
>
> \stoptext
>
> But this results into a gray shaded box with the following content:
> "name:dummy, file: texweb-texapp.eps, state: unknown"

you can try the attached file (you need to move page-app to the base
path and regenerate a format)

[this trick was somewhat experimental so ...]

Hans

[-- Attachment #2: pst.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 3989 bytes --]

* Re: usage of module pstricks?
@ 2005-12-21 14:17   ` Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-12-21 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

> you can try the attached file (you need to move page-app to the base
> path and regenerate a format)

both files were already present on my system. So it seem that I miss
this "regenerate a format". Which format do I have to generate and how?
(I'm running context under Miktex and regenerating the standard formats
is only a click in the Miktex-options menu.

> [this trick was somewhat experimental so ...]

Ah, I see. I will not complain about strange behaviour. Probably it
would be the best to generate the graphics before I'm using context and
to include them on the classical way.

Wolfgang

* Re: usage of module pstricks?
@ 2005-12-21 15:56     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-21 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wolfgang Zillig wrote:

>> you can try the attached file (you need to move page-app to the base
>> path and regenerate a format)
>>
> both files were already present on my system. So it seem that I miss
> this "regenerate a format". Which format do I have to generate and
> how? (I'm running context under Miktex and regenerating the standard
> formats is only a click in the Miktex-options menu.

i patched the files so they cannot be present as such -)

>> [this trick was somewhat experimental so ...]
>>
> Ah, I see. I will not complain about strange behaviour. Probably it
> would be the best to generate the graphics before I'm using context
> and to include them on the classical way.

no, it should work ok

Hans

* Re: usage of module pstricks?
@ 2005-12-21 17:07       ` Wolfgang Zillig
From: Wolfgang Zillig @ 2005-12-21 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen schrieb:

> Wolfgang Zillig wrote:
>

>>> you can try the attached file (you need to move page-app to the base
>>> path and regenerate a format)
>>>
>> both files were already present on my system. So it seem that I miss
>> this "regenerate a format". Which format do I have to generate and
>> how? (I'm running context under Miktex and regenerating the standard
>> formats is only a click in the Miktex-options menu.
>

> i patched the files so they cannot be present as such -)

Sorry, I did not check the files for differences but I've copied them
into the base folder and regenerated the formats. But I'm not completely
sure if pstricks is working correctly. I only installed the packages
with the miktex package manager and that was all. I will try to run an
example with latex to see if it runs there without an error.

Wolfgang