* hlingrid text t parameter?
@ 2005-12-27  6:38 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-12-27  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

In mp-grid.mp, I find this definition:

def hlingrid (expr Min, Max, Step, Length, Width) text t =
   image ( for i=Min step Step until Max+grid_eps :
     draw (origin--(Width,0)) shifted (0,i*(Length/Max)) t ;
   endfor ; ) ;
enddef ;

See the text t at the end of the first line? Can someone tell me what
that does and can I have a small example of its use?

Thanks.

* Re: hlingrid text t parameter?
@ 2005-12-27  7:29 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2005-12-27  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

<--- On Dec 26, David Arnold wrote --->

> All,
>
> In mp-grid.mp, I find this definition:
>
> def hlingrid (expr Min, Max, Step, Length, Width) text t =
> image ( for i=Min step Step until Max+grid_eps :
>   draw (origin--(Width,0)) shifted (0,i*(Length/Max)) t ;
> endfor ; ) ;
> enddef ;
>
> See the text t at the end of the first line? Can someone tell me what
> that does and can I have a small example of its use?

I think, (I can not test it right now), that this should allow you to
do things like

hlingrid(0,10,0.1,5cm,3cm) withcolor 0.5white ;

which will draw the line with 50% gray, and

hlingrid(0,10,0.1,5cm,3cm) dashed evenly ;

which will draw a dashed grid and so on.

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008

* Re: hlingrid text t parameter?
@ 2005-12-27  7:46   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2005-12-27  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Perfect! Thanks.

@ 2005-12-27 21:03 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-27 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:

> All,
>
> In mp-grid.mp, I find this definition:
>
> def hlingrid (expr Min, Max, Step, Length, Width) text t =
>   image ( for i=Min step Step until Max+grid_eps :
>     draw (origin--(Width,0)) shifted (0,i*(Length/Max)) t ;
>   endfor ; ) ;
> enddef ;
>
> See the text t at the end of the first line? Can someone tell me what
> that does and can I have a small example of its use?

t (text) is anything upto the ;

so you can use it to pass things like 'withcolor red' and so

Hans