* accents in math
@ 2005-12-28 13:46 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-12-28 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

\enableregime[il1]
\starttext
This used to work once upon a time, but now the ö is not ok:

$\hbox{löslich}$

This seems to be a workaround:

$\displaystyle\text{löslich}$
\stoptext

Bug or new feature?

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: accents in math
@ 2005-12-28 14:45 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-28 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:

>Hello,
>
>\enableregime[il1]
>\starttext
>This used to work once upon a time, but now the � is not ok:
>
>$\hbox{l�slich}$
>
>This seems to be a workaround:
>
>$\displaystyle\text{l�slich}$
>\stoptext
>
>Bug or new feature?

it depends on what ? is

Hans

* Re: accents in math
@ 2005-12-28 15:05   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2005-12-28 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> it depends on what ? is

Try this:  $\hbox{l\odiaeresis slich}$ vs. $\text{l\odiaeresis slich}$

It is the difference between \hbox and \text  that does it,
not the regime.

Cheers,
Taco

* Re: accents in math
@ 2005-12-28 15:18   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2005-12-28 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:

> >$\hbox{l?slich}$
> >
> >This seems to be a workaround:
> >
> >$\displaystyle\text{l?slich}$
> >\stoptext
> >
> >Bug or new feature?
> >

> it depends on what ? is

Hello Hans,
that means, that your email-reader does not show 8-bit characters??
I believed that this would be no more possible... ;)
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: accents in math
@ 2005-12-28 16:03     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2005-12-28 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Dec 2005, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>>$\hbox{l?slich}$
>>>
>>>This seems to be a workaround:
>>>
>>>$\displaystyle\text{l?slich}$
>>>\stoptext
>>>
>>>Bug or new feature?
>>>

>>it depends on what ? is
>>

>Hello Hans,
>that means, that your email-reader does not show 8-bit characters??
>I believed that this would be no more possible... ;)

it depends, last week i got mails with chinese showing up all right so
it's also a matter of how the mails specifies the encoding (i use
Thunderbird)

Hans