* Title page of french phd thesis
@ 2006-01-03 11:08 Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-01-03 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I want to obtain something like this on my title page :

Composition du jury :
        Président :               M. Prénom NOM
        Rapporteurs :          M. Truc BIDULE                     de paris
                                         Mme Machin CHOUETTE     blabla
        Examinateurs :       M. Ano NYME

I would have macro to do this (inspired from thloria LaTeX package) like :
\President    = {M. Prénom NOM}
\Rapporteurs  = {M. Truc BIDULE&de Paris\\
                 Mme Machin CHOUETTE&blabla
                 }
\Examinateurs = {M. Ano NYME}

I have some ideas on how to do this but I need advices to know what's
the best way to manage this issue.

Cheers,

* Re: Title page of french phd thesis
@ 2006-01-03 13:48 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2006-01-03 13:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 2006-01-03 um 12:08 schrieb Renaud AUBIN:

> I want to obtain something like this on my title page :
>
> Composition du jury :
>         Président :               M. Prénom NOM
>         Rapporteurs :          M. Truc BIDULE
> de paris
>                                          Mme Machin CHOUETTE
> blabla
>         Examinateurs :       M. Ano NYME
>
> I would have macro to do this (inspired from thloria LaTeX package)
> like :
> \President    = {M. Prénom NOM}
> \Rapporteurs  = {M. Truc BIDULE&de Paris\\
>                  Mme Machin CHOUETTE&blabla
>                  }
> \Examinateurs = {M. Ano NYME}
>
> I have some ideas on how to do this but I need advices to know
> what's the best way to manage this issue.

What is "this", i.e. where's your problem?

How to format the title page? -- You could use a table.

Do you need the "jobs" multilingual? -- use \translate[fr=Président,
de=Präsident, en=President]

How to define a macro? -- \def\President#1{\def\doPresident{#1}} (and
use \doPresident in the table)
The letter style uses a similar approach; I'm just trying to enhance
it, see the "serial definition" thread.

I don't think the "\Something = {Anything}" style is possible at all.
You could use keyval style like \MyTitle[president={M. Prénom NOM},
somebodyelse={}], see http://wiki.contextgarden.net/
Commands_with_KeyVal_arguments
I don't know how that could work with lists of persons.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://contextgarden.net
http://www.cacert.org (I'm an assurer)

* Re: Title page of french phd thesis
@ 2006-01-03 13:59   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-01-03 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> I don't think the "\Something = {Anything}" style is possible at all.

My guess is these are defined as token registers in LaTeX, so you
would have to define only:

\newtoks\President

and use  \the\President inside the table.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Title page of french phd thesis
@ 2006-01-03 13:59   ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-01-03 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> What is "this", i.e. where's your problem?
>
> How to format the title page? -- You could use a table.

Of course but my question is in fact: Is it better to use a ConTeXt
table or TeX primitives for a title page ?

> Do you need the "jobs" multilingual? -- use \translate[fr=Président,
> de=Präsident, en=President]

I don't...

> How to define a macro? -- \def\President#1{\def\doPresident{#1}} (and
> use \doPresident in the table)
> The letter style uses a similar approach; I'm just trying to enhance
> it, see the "serial definition" thread.
>
> I don't think the "\Something = {Anything}" style is possible at all.
> You could use keyval style like \MyTitle[president={M. Prénom NOM},
> somebodyelse={}], see http://wiki.contextgarden.net/
> Commands_with_KeyVal_arguments
> I don't know how that could work with lists of persons.

Ok, I'll try.

Thanks.

* Re: Title page of french phd thesis
@ 2006-01-03 17:41   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-03 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> Am 2006-01-03 um 12:08 schrieb Renaud AUBIN:
>
>> I want to obtain something like this on my title page :
>>
>> Composition du jury :
>>         Pr�sident :               M. Pr�nom NOM
>>         Rapporteurs :          M. Truc BIDULE                      de
>> paris
>>                                          Mme Machin CHOUETTE      blabla
>>         Examinateurs :       M. Ano NYME
>>
>> I would have macro to do this (inspired from thloria LaTeX package)
>> like :
>> \President    = {M. Pr�nom NOM}
>> \Rapporteurs  = {M. Truc BIDULE&de Paris\\
>>                  Mme Machin CHOUETTE&blabla
>>                  }
>> \Examinateurs = {M. Ano NYME}
>>
>> I have some ideas on how to do this but I need advices to know
>> what's the best way to manage this issue.
>

> What is "this", i.e. where's your problem?
>
> How to format the title page? -- You could use a table.
>
> Do you need the "jobs" multilingual? -- use \translate[fr=Pr�sident,
> de=Pr�sident, en=President]
>
> How to define a macro? -- \def\President#1{\def\doPresident{#1}} (and
> use \doPresident in the table)
> The letter style uses a similar approach; I'm just trying to enhance
> it, see the "serial definition" thread.
>
> I don't think the "\Something = {Anything}" style is possible at all.
> You could use keyval style like \MyTitle[president={M. Pr�nom NOM},
> somebodyelse={}], see http://wiki.contextgarden.net/
> Commands_with_KeyVal_arguments
> I don't know how that could work with lists of persons.

title pages are often made with

\startstandardmakeup
\vfil
\bfd \setupinterlinespace Whatever \par
\bfb \setupinterlinespace You Want \par
\vfil
\vfil
\stopstandardmakeup

kind of constructs, or (more fun), by putting things on a layer and
flushing that one

Hans