* page references (varioref)
@ 2006-01-03 22:16 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-01-03 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I tried to implement something like the LaTeX varioref package, but without
success.
In detail: I would like to create a command like \at[], say \VarioAt[],
that outputs a text in function of the page-number, for example:
* if page is the same as the current page: "on the current page"
* if page is next page: "on the following page"
* if page is previous page: "on the preceding page"
* else "on page XX" (XX is page-number)

I tried with something like
\doifelse{\expanded{\at[myRef]}}{\expanded{\currentpage}}%
  {same page}{different pages}
But it seems, that this does not work... :(

Could you help please?
Greetings, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: page references (varioref)
@ 2006-01-03 22:24 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-03 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I tried to implement something like the LaTeX varioref package, but without
>success.
>In detail: I would like to create a command like \at[], say \VarioAt[],
>that outputs a text in function of the page-number, for example:
>* if page is the same as the current page: "on the current page"
>* if page is next page: "on the following page"
>* if page is previous page: "on the preceding page"
>* else "on page XX" (XX is page-number)
>
>I tried with something like
>\doifelse{\expanded{\at[myRef]}}{\expanded{\currentpage}}%
>  {same page}{different pages}
>But it seems, that this does not work... :(

there is \atpage[ref] (as well as \somewhere{pre}{post}[ref]) with the
associated label texts "hencefore" and "hereafter"

rather old code but it should still work

Hans

* Re: page references (varioref)
@ 2006-01-03 22:58   ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-01-03 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> there is \atpage[ref] (as well as \somewhere{pre}{post}[ref]) with the
> associated label texts "hencefore" and "hereafter"
>
> rather old code but it should still work

Thanks a lot!
Not as rich as varioref, but exactly what I need!
Cheers, Peter

--

@ 2006-01-04  9:12     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-04  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:

>On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>>there is \atpage[ref] (as well as \somewhere{pre}{post}[ref]) with the
>>associated label texts "hencefore" and "hereafter"
>>
>>rather old code but it should still work
>>

>Thanks a lot!
>Not as rich as varioref, but exactly what I need!

well, writing such things is rather trivial so it can always be extended

Hans