* \input inside of modules
@ 2006-01-04 15:51 Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-01-04 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I've some trouble with modules and their (nested) input. The module is
found (in context/user), but the input file, that is called inside that
module (same dir), is not found.

example:

\usemodule[foo] % is found

inside [t-foo.tex]:
  \input foo-bar \relax % same dir, but it's not found

It seems, that only typescripts and modules are found inside my user
dir. How can I change this behaviour? kpsewhich can find all files.

Currently I'm using CTXDEVTXPATH to fix this, but there must be a better
way.

Thanks in advance

Peter

* Re: \input inside of modules
@ 2006-01-04 16:15 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-01-04 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've some trouble with modules and their (nested) input. The module is
> found (in context/user), but the input file, that is called inside that
> module (same dir), is not found.

Works for me, so something else must be wrong. What is the
exact log message?

Taco

* Re: \input inside of modules
@ 2006-01-04 17:11 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-04 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've some trouble with modules and their (nested) input. The module is
>found (in context/user), but the input file, that is called inside that
>module (same dir), is not found.
>
>example:
>
>\usemodule[foo] % is found
>

>inside [t-foo.tex]:
>  \input foo-bar \relax % same dir, but it's not found
>
>It seems, that only typescripts and modules are found inside my user
>dir. How can I change this behaviour? kpsewhich can find all files.
>
>Currently I'm using CTXDEVTXPATH to fix this, but there must be a better
>way.

did you run mktexlsr?

there is no way that context can influence \input

Hans

* Re: \input inside of modules
@ 2006-01-04 17:22   ` Peter Rolf
From: Peter Rolf @ 2006-01-04 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Peter Rolf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've some trouble with modules and their (nested) input. The module is
>> found (in context/user), but the input file, that is called inside that
>> module (same dir), is not found.
>
> Works for me, so something else must be wrong. What is the
> exact log message?

Sorry, *tex user malfunction*. The inclusion works here as well.

It seems to be a problem of my environment file (which loads the module
and a private style file with non default parameter setup for this
module). I mixed this style file with the directly included files of the
module. Too much confusion for me today. :(

I skipped finding the error some time ago and 'fixed' it by copying all
files into the local dir. What a mess!
So thanks for the fast reply and I must apologize again for the noise.

Greetings, Peter

> Taco

* Re: \input inside of modules
@ 2006-01-04 18:22     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-04 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Rolf wrote:

>Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

>>Peter Rolf wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I've some trouble with modules and their (nested) input. The module is
>>>found (in context/user), but the input file, that is called inside that
>>>module (same dir), is not found.
>>>

>>Works for me, so something else must be wrong. What is the
>>exact log message?
>>

>Sorry, *tex user malfunction*. The inclusion works here as well.
>
>It seems to be a problem of my environment file (which loads the module
>and a private style file with non default parameter setup for this
>module). I mixed this style file with the directly included files of the
>module. Too much confusion for me today. :(
>
>I skipped finding the error some time ago and 'fixed' it by copying all
>files into the local dir. What a mess!
>So thanks for the fast reply and I must apologize again for the noise.

we should find a suitable punishment for this, like, "write an article
for the maps" or "help patrick cleaning up the wiki" or so -)