* e-trema
@ 2006-01-02 18:58 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-01-02 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good evening!

While typesetting a Dutch text I am confronted with the problem, that in
case of a hyphenation of the word poëzie must become po-ezie.
Does anybody know a solution in order to keep automatic hyphenation?

Kind regards

Willi

* Re: e-trema
@ 2006-01-03  9:28 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-01-03  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Willi,

On the lowest level, \discretionary{-}{e}{ë} does this, so
    po\discretionary{-}{e}{ë}zie
is hyphenated correctly.

I doubt that there is a way to automate this (without changing
your input), though.

Cheers,
Taco

Willi Egger wrote:
> Good evening!
>
> While typesetting a Dutch text I am confronted with the problem, that in
> case of a hyphenation of the word poëzie must become po-ezie.
> Does anybody know a solution in order to keep automatic hyphenation?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Willi

* Re: e-trema
@ 2006-01-04 20:04   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2006-01-04 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Taco,

thanks indeed for this! - I felt already, that it would be a difficult
matter to organize this switch from e-trema to normal e. Still I am glad
that there is this solution
I will try it in \hypenation{po\discretionary{-}{e}{ë}zie. If this
works, then it is enough for the moment.

Thanks

Willi