* Re: How to do this in ConTeXt
       [not found] <B3C24EA955FF0C4EA14658997CD3E25E5AE657@CAHIER.gst.uqam.ca>
       [not found] ` <43BC 16BF.9030502@uqam.ca>
@ 2006-01-04 18:41 ` Fabrice Larribe
       [not found]   ` <B3C24EA955FF0C4EA14658997CD3E25E5AE664@CAHIER.gst.uqam.ca>
From: Fabrice Larribe @ 2006-01-04 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

R S Ananda Murthy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need the format shown below:
>
> -------------
> |Example 1-1|

\setupoutput[pdftex]
\setupcolors[state=start]

Here is (almost) what you want to acheive, but without any macros:
\blank
\starttext
%\def\Ex#1{ \line{\framed{\red #1}} }
\line{
  \framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=black]{
    { {\white Exemple 1.1\ }}}\hfill
  }
\hrule
\blank
To have numbers, you should use ennumeration.. And a try.. but I don't
know how to adjust things... Others have to complete...

\defineenumeration[Exemple][location=serried,headstyle=bold,width=broad,
     text={\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=black]{\red\sc
Exemple}\textrule},margin=0.5cm,before=\blank,after=\blank]

\startExemple
This is a nice exemple.
\stopExemple

This is the end.
\stoptext

F.

* Re: How to do this in ConTeXt
@ 2006-01-04 19:42   ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <B3C24EA955FF0C4EA14658997CD3E25E5AE664@CAHIER.gst.uqam.ca>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-04 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Fabrice Larribe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> R S Ananda Murthy wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I need the format shown below:
>>
>> -------------
>> |Example 1-1|
>>
> \setupoutput[pdftex]
> \setupcolors[state=start]
>

> Here is (almost) what you want to acheive, but without any macros:
> \blank
> \starttext
> %\def\Ex#1{ \line{\framed{\red #1}} }
> \line{
>  \framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=black]{
>    { {\white Exemple 1.1\ }}}\hfill
>  }
> \hrule
> \blank
> To have numbers, you should use ennumeration.. And a try.. but I don't
> know how to adjust things... Others have to complete...
>
> \defineenumeration[Exemple][location=serried,headstyle=bold,width=broad,
>     text={\framed[background=color,backgroundcolor=black]{\red\sc
> Exemple}\textrule},margin=0.5cm,before=\blank,after=\blank]
>
> \startExemple
> This is a nice exemple.
> \stopExemple
>

> This is the end.
> \stoptext
>
> F.

one of you has to wikify this answer ...

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupbackgrounds[text][text][background=color,backgroundcolor=red,backgroundoffset=3pt]

\defineenumeration
  [example]
  [way=bychapter,
   separator=\compoundhyphen,
   chapternumber=yes,
   color=white,
   command=\exampleframed]

\defineframed
  [exampleframed]
  [background=color,
   backgroundcolor=white,
   foregroundcolor=black,
   style=bold,
   frame=off]

\starttext

\chapter{One}

\input tufte

\startexample
    \input tufte
\stopexample

\input tufte

\stoptext

* Re: How to do this in ConTeXt
       [not found]   ` <B3C24EA955FF0C4EA14658997CD3E25E5AE664@CAHIER.gst.uqam.ca>
@ 2006-01-04 20:51     ` FabriceL.
From: FabriceL. @ 2006-01-04 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

    Hans, it's so instructive to read yout post... I have learned from
this last post 2 new commands !
However, I think the original poster wish a line who run to the right
margin, so I added to your code
in the "defineenumeration" a "inbetween=\vskip-4pt{\hrule height
1.5pt}\blank". This is not very elegant,
but this works. By the way, I'm interested to know if there is a better
solution.

 > Hans wrote:
 > one of you has to wikify this answer ...

I'm not sure how to do this, but I can try how this works.
The complete code follows.
FL.

\setupcolors[state=start]
\setupbackgrounds[text][text][background=color,backgroundcolor=darkred,backgroundoffset=3pt]

\defineenumeration
  [example]
  [way=bychapter,
   separator=\compoundhyphen,
   chapternumber=yes,
   color=white,
   command=\exampleframed,
   inbetween=\vskip-4pt{\hrule height 1.5pt}\blank]

\defineframed
  [exampleframed]
  [background=color,
   backgroundcolor=black,
   foregroundcolor=white,
   style=bold,
   frame=off]

\starttext

\chapter{One}

\input tufte

\startexample
    \input tufte
\stopexample

\input tufte

\stoptext

* Re: How to do this in ConTeXt
@ 2006-01-04 21:48       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-04 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

FabriceL. wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    Hans, it's so instructive to read yout post... I have learned from
> this last post 2 new commands !
> However, I think the original poster wish a line who run to the right
> margin, so I added to your code
> in the "defineenumeration" a "inbetween=\vskip-4pt{\hrule height
> 1.5pt}\blank". This is not very elegant,
> but this works. By the way, I'm interested to know if there is a
> better solution.
>
> > Hans wrote:
> > one of you has to wikify this answer ...
>
> I'm not sure how to do this, but I can try how this works.
> The complete code follows.
> FL.
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \setupbackgrounds[text][text][background=color,backgroundcolor=darkred,backgroundoffset=3pt]
>

> \defineenumeration
>  [example]
>  [way=bychapter,
>   separator=\compoundhyphen,
>   chapternumber=yes,
>   color=white,
>   command=\exampleframed,
>   inbetween=\vskip-4pt{\hrule height 1.5pt}\blank]

if you say \showstruts you will notice why you need to skip back; your
4pt is a gamble, best do something:

\defineenumeration
 [example]
 [way=bychapter,
  separator=\compoundhyphen,
  chapternumber=yes,
  color=white,
  command=\exampleframed,
  inbetween=\setups{example:inbetween}]

\startsetups example:inbetween
    \removedepth     % nils strut depth
    \nointerlineskip
    \blackrule[height=1.5pt,width=\hsize,depth=0pt]
    \blank
    \nobreak
\stopsetups

btw, this makes a nice example for a regression test

> \defineframed
>  [exampleframed]
>  [background=color,
>   backgroundcolor=black,
>   foregroundcolor=white,
>   style=bold,
>   frame=off]
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{One}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \startexample
>    \input tufte
> \stopexample
>
> \input tufte
>
> \stoptext

* Re: How to do this in ConTeXt
@ 2006-01-05 10:33       ` R S Ananda Murthy
From: R S Ananda Murthy @ 2006-01-05 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

FabriceL. wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    Hans, it's so instructive to read yout post... I have learned from
> this last post 2 new commands !
> However, I think the original poster wish a line who run to the right
> margin, so I added to your code
> in the "defineenumeration" a "inbetween=\vskip-4pt{\hrule height
> 1.5pt}\blank". This is not very elegant,
> but this works. By the way, I'm interested to know if there is a
> better solution.
>
> > Hans wrote:
> > one of you has to wikify this answer ...
>
> I'm not sure how to do this, but I can try how this works.
> The complete code follows.
> FL.
>
> \setupcolors[state=start]
> \setupbackgrounds[text][text][background=color,backgroundcolor=darkred,backgroundoffset=3pt]
>

> \defineenumeration
>  [example]
>  [way=bychapter,
>   separator=\compoundhyphen,
>   chapternumber=yes,
>   color=white,
>   command=\exampleframed,
>   inbetween=\vskip-4pt{\hrule height 1.5pt}\blank]
>
> \defineframed
>  [exampleframed]
>  [background=color,
>   backgroundcolor=black,
>   foregroundcolor=white,
>   style=bold,
>   frame=off]
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter{One}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \startexample
>    \input tufte
> \stopexample
>
> \input tufte
>
> \stoptext

Thank you FabriceL for your help. It worked.

Anand

* How to do this in ConTeXt
@ 2006-01-04 18:20 R S Ananda Murthy
From: R S Ananda Murthy @ 2006-01-04 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I need the format shown below:

|Example 1-1|

Here Example 1-1 should be in a black box and text should be in white.
The line attached to this box should run up to the right margin.
I need a counter for examples to count up and display the example number
as shown above for more examples. I am new to ConTeXt. So, I need help.

Thanks for your help.

Anand

* How to do this in ConTeXt
@ 2006-01-04 16:52 R S Ananda Murthy