From: Mari Voipio <mari.voipio@iki.fi>
Subject: Re: SciTE Setup in Windows and .rb scripts
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:45:45 +0200	[thread overview]

It would of course help if I learned to read - I didn't exactly answer
your question fully and I'm sorry about that. I cannot quite answer to
all parts of your questions, but here's a bit more:

Yes, you need to have working installations of Ruby and Perl on your
computer. If you can make them tell you their version (see the wiki
Windows installation page), you can assume the installations work.

Then you also need to find the appropriate *.properties files the
mscite.pdf manual explains about. I must admit that I have no idea
whether they are included in MikTex, but the Windows search will tell
you pretty fast if you have them or not.

It may be useful to know that the file SciTEUser.properties doesn't
exist until you put something in there, so instruction "copy
context.properties where your SciTEUser.properties file is" doesn't
necessarily make make much sense. In the Scite I downloaded today on my
Windows 2000, the user properties file went into my C:\Documents and
Settings\Username folder, I think it'll do the same in XP - so put the
context.properties into equivalent folder on your computer.

I get this far. Having copied the properties files and restarted Scite,
the menu looks good, I have the build and compile commands and the test
file is now recognized as tex/context. But that's it then for tonight,
something is still missing either in my Windows path or somewhere else.
And it's time for me to go to bed.

But yes, I'd like to know, too, how this is done. Will need to reinstall
a computer soonish and that means reinstalling (upgrading) context into
a brand new XP. It would be nice to try MikTeX for a change...

Mari