* Chapters, setupbackgrounds[header] issue & indenting issue
@ 2006-01-27 10:13 Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-01-27 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have made a small document in order to show you issues I have to face
with.
1. At page 3, why do I have bottomframe=on in the header althought I use
high option ? It's ok at page 1 and 4.
2. At page 4, it works only because the previous chapter is on one page
! Don't see why with my present ConTeXt skills.
3. Concerning indenting, the first paragraph of each section isn't
indented, why and how to modify ? I have seen that the order of options
matters but I don't understand how work "next" and "first" options
because when I use it, I don't obtain indentation at all.

What I'm doing wrong ??? It drives me crazy since these features are
prerequisites for my PhD style !

Renaud

[-- Attachment #2: test.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 1273 bytes --]

\enableregime[il9]
\useencoding[ffr]
\mainlanguage[fr]

%% Set output to pdf
\setupoutput[pdftex]
%% Activate txt in METAPOST
\useMPlibrary[txt]
%% Activate colors
\setupcolors[state=start]

% Paper size
\setuppapersize[A4][A4]

% Fonts settings for ConTeXt
\usetypescriptfile[type-buy]
\loadmapfile[ec-bh-lucida.map]
\usetypescript[lucida][ec]
\setupbodyfont[lucida,10pt]

\setuphead[chapter][header=high, command=\ChapterHeader, style=\tfd]
\def\ChapterHeader#1#2{%
  \framedtext
  [width= \overlaywidth,
  height=12\bodyfontsize,
  background=foreground,
  offset=0pt,
  strut=no,
  frame=off,
  align=left]{\blank[4\bodyfontsize,force]#1\blank[small]#2}}

\setupbackgrounds[header][text][bottomframe=on]
\setupbackgrounds[footer][text][topframe=on]

% Indenting
\setupindenting[medium,yes]

% French
\setupheadtext[fr][pubs=Bibliographie]
\setuplabeltext[fr][chapter=Chapitre~]

\starttext

\chapter{Introduction}
\section{First dummy section}
\dorecurse{5}{\input knuth\par\ }
\section{Second dummy section}

\chapter{Dummy chapter}
\section{First dummy section}
\dorecurse{2}{\input knuth\par\ }
\section{Second dummy section}

\chapter{Another dummy chapter}
\section{First dummy section}
\dorecurse{5}{\input knuth\par\ }
\section{Second dummy section}

\stoptext

* Re: Chapters, setupbackgrounds[header] issue & indenting issue
@ 2006-01-27 21:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-27 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have made a small document in order to show you issues I have to
> face with.
> 1. At page 3, why do I have bottomframe=on in the header althought I
> use high option ? It's ok at page 1 and 4.
> 2. At page 4, it works only because the previous chapter is on one
> page ! Don't see why with my present ConTeXt skills.
> 3. Concerning indenting, the first paragraph of each section isn't
> indented, why and how to modify ? I have seen that the order of
> options matters but I don't understand how work "next" and "first"
> options because when I use it, I don't obtain indentation at all.
>
> What I'm doing wrong ??? It drives me crazy since these features are
> prerequisites for my PhD style !
bad luck in synchronization; i'll try to fix it; you may try to invoke a

\recalculatebackgrounds

someplace around the \chapter command

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-01-27 21:48   ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-01-27 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you very much Hans ! It works now !

@ 2006-01-28  9:42     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-01-28  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Renaud AUBIN wrote:

> Thank you very much Hans ! It works now !

i'm uploading a new version that has a better synchronization (i hope)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-01-28 11:26       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-01-28 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> i'm uploading a new version that has a better synchronization (i hope)

I have no opportunity to write release notes in this weekend,
so you will have to wait till monday for that.

Cheers, taco

* Re: Chapters, setupbackgrounds[header] issue & indenting issue
@ 2006-01-28 12:06       ` Renaud AUBIN
From: Renaud AUBIN @ 2006-01-28 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)