From: Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>
Subject: Re: Identifying context files
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 09:15:08 +0100	[thread overview]

Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> That sounds like an excellent idea, and I'd be very grateful to have
> such a detector. As to keywords: most of my ConTeXt files start with
> \enableregime; you may want to add this to your list.
>
> Best
>
> Thomas
>

> On Feb 3, 2006, at 3:17 AM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>

>> I use (g)vim to edit both context and latex files. Unfortunately, both
>> of them usually have *.tex extension. This mean that detecting
>> filetype from extension is not possible, so one should look into the
>> contents of the file to see if it a context file or not.
>>
>> I am planning to submit a ftdetect for context to vim. Right now, I
>> check if the first six lines of the file contain any of
>> '\\start\|\\enablemode\|\\unprotect\|\\setvariables\|\\module\|\
>> \usemodule'
>> and if so, set the filetype to context, otherwise it is set to tex
>> (that loads latex plugins).
>>
>> This works for my context writing style. I would like to know about
>> other people's preference.
>>
>> 1. Do you write some keyword unique to context in the first few lines
>> of the file. Should I also check the last few line lines.

convention:

% interface=en language=nl program=pdfetex

etc, the following are understood by texexec

        ['tex','texengine'],
        ['program','texengine'],
        ['translate','tcxfilter'],
        ['tcx','tcxfilter'],
        ['output','backend'],
        ['mode','mode'],
        ['ctx','ctxfile'],
        ['version','contextversion'],
        ['format','texformats'],
        ['interface','texformats']

>> 2. Are there any other keywords that you will like to include.
>>
>> 3. Is it enough to check the first 6 line or should I check more. I do
>> not want to check more lines as this will make the detection slower
>> (by a few mili secs).

checking does not take much time, for instance in scite, i check till i
know; also (probably goes unnoticed), texexec does soem checking: it
needs to figure out the interface:

Hans