* Identifying context files
@ 2006-02-03  2:17 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-02-03  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use (g)vim to edit both context and latex files. Unfortunately, both
of them usually have *.tex extension. This mean that detecting
filetype from extension is not possible, so one should look into the
contents of the file to see if it a context file or not.

I am planning to submit a ftdetect for context to vim. Right now, I
check if the first six lines of the file contain any of
'\\start\|\\enablemode\|\\unprotect\|\\setvariables\|\\module\|\\usemodule'
and if so, set the filetype to context, otherwise it is set to tex
(that loads latex plugins).

This works for my context writing style. I would like to know about
other people's preference.

1. Do you write some keyword unique to context in the first few lines
of the file. Should I also check the last few line lines.

2. Are there any other keywords that you will like to include.

3. Is it enough to check the first 6 line or should I check more. I do
not want to check more lines as this will make the detection slower
(by a few mili secs).

Thanks,
Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008