* Building formats from within Scite
@ 2006-02-03 17:45 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2006-02-03 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

Hans tells me that I can rebuild formats from within Scite, but I
cannot figure out how?

David Arnold
College of the Redwoods
Mathematics Department
Eureka, CA 95501
(707) 476-4222
http://online.redwoods.edu/instruct/darnold/

* Re: Building formats from within Scite
@ 2006-02-03 18:54 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-03 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:
> All,
>
> Hans tells me that I can rebuild formats from within Scite, but I
> cannot figure out how?

It should be under Ctrl 9, but doesn't work for me either. My scite
seems to dislike this line in context.properties:

   if $(context.distribution.writable)

it is apparently never true.

Taco

* Re: Building formats from within Scite
@ 2006-02-03 20:01   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2006-02-03 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

No Ctrl+9 on my menus.

@ 2006-02-03 20:23     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-03 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:
> No Ctrl+9 on my menus.

I suspect it is a bug or missing feature in SciTE. I run 1.62
here, which is rather old. You can copy the relevant bits from
context.properties to your User options file (without the if
statement, of course). It is the indented block that follows

    if $(context.distribution.writable)

(you can edit context.properties directly, but mine is a
symlink to the distributed one from hans)

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Building formats from within Scite
@ 2006-02-03 20:37   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-03 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> David Arnold wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Hans tells me that I can rebuild formats from within Scite, but I
>> cannot figure out how?
>>

> It should be under Ctrl 9, but doesn't work for me either. My scite
> seems to dislike this line in context.properties:
>
>    if $(context.distribution.writable)
>
> it is apparently never true.

you can set it to true -)

it does not work that well from a cd -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-02-03 20:42     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-03 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Arnold wrote:
> No Ctrl+9 on my menus.

create a desktop link to cmd.exe (the black console icon in accessoires)

edit the properties and change the call to

%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /k .....\setuptex.bat

the setuptex script is in your isoimage path a b it down the line

that way you will get a console that knows

texexec --make --all --fast

another option is, when you have scite open, to open a console from scrite, or, to click on the right pane and just key in the same texexec command (the right pane is a both for messages and commands)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE