* Equation Numbering bug?
@ 2006-02-10  6:41 Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-02-10  6:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I do not understand why the second equation is numbered

\starttext
   \placeformula \startformula \startalign[n=2]
     \NC  a \NC = b \NR
     \NC  c \NC = d \NR[+]
   \stopalign \stopformula
   Some text to separate equations
   \startformula
     e = f
   \stopformula
\stoptext

I can get rid of the numbering by placing a \placeformula[-] in the
begining. But, it should not be numbered by default.

Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008

* Re: Equation Numbering bug?
@ 2006-02-12 19:20 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-12 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> I do not understand why the second equation is numbered

It is a bug. \placeformula turns on formula number processing
(\settrue \handleformulanumber), but it never resets it.

I guess this could be done right at the end of each formula,
like so:

\unprotect
\def\dostopformula
   {\doplaceformulanumber
    \getvalue{\e!stop\formulaparameter\c!alternative\v!formula}%
    \resetlastlinewidth
    \nonoindentation
    \dochecknextindentation{\??fm\currentformula}%
    \egroup
    \setfalse\handleformulanumber %TH, new
    \dorechecknextindentation}
\protect

Hans, I am not completely sure this is the right place. Please check!

Cheers, Taco

@ 2006-02-13 11:26   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-13 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> I do not understand why the second equation is numbered
>>

> It is a bug. \placeformula turns on formula number processing
> (\settrue \handleformulanumber), but it never resets it.
>
> I guess this could be done right at the end of each formula,
> like so:
>
> \unprotect
> \def\dostopformula
>    {\doplaceformulanumber
>     \getvalue{\e!stop\formulaparameter\c!alternative\v!formula}%
>     \resetlastlinewidth
>     \nonoindentation
>     \dochecknextindentation{\??fm\currentformula}%
>     \egroup
>     \setfalse\handleformulanumber %TH, new
>     \dorechecknextindentation}
> \protect
>
> Hans, I am not completely sure this is the right place. Please check!

looks ok to me; patched

Hans
                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE