* OpenType and XeConTeXt
@ 2006-02-14 10:22 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2006-02-14 10:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Adam Lindsay

Hi,

using ConTeXt with XeTeX seems to be an nice option for us MacOSX users.
But I get always confused with the names for these rich features like
Style Option, Ligatures, Variants.

I mean: how do I know how many variants and style options a font has
and how they and their ligatures etc. want to be called?
In plain ConTeXt (for the 255 characters) we can use \showfont[...]
and \showcharacters in order to know how to call the specific
characters/glyphs. But what about OpenType?

Peeking at the LaTeX side of XeTeX, I saw that they have created a
packages called fontspec which seems to give better access to all (?)
if these options.

What about us? Is there help also for XeConTeXt?

Thank you,
Steffen