* Including bitmapped fonts
@ 2006-02-14 15:26 Michal Kvasnička
From: Michal Kvasnička @ 2006-02-14 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Good evening.

I typeset one of my documents in Computer Modern Concrete. I use text
ghyphs from CM-Super family, but there are no mathematical fonts there,
so I have to use old Metafont version of Concrete Math.Now, if I include
it in plain TeX, pdfetex bitmaps it with the resolution 600 dpi. When I
try the same from the ConTeXt, I get this error message:

Warning: pdfetex (file xccmi10): Font xccmi10 at 50 not found
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 72 --mag 1+0/72 --dpi 72 ccr10
mktexpk: Mismatched mode ljfour and resolution 72; ignoring mode.
mktexpk: Can't guess mode for 72 dpi devices.
mktexpk: Use a config file, or update me.

I tried to find in what configuration file it is mismatched, but I
completely failed. I even don't know if it's ConTeXt problem, or a
problem of my distribution. Now, I use the last ConTeXt (downloaded and
installed today) :-) and teTeX tetex-3.0-13 from SuSE Linux 9.3 under
SuSE 9.2.

Many thanks for any hint.
Yours Michal Kvasnicka

P.S. If anybody knows where can I get math fonts for Concrete, please
tell me.

* Re: Including bitmapped fonts
@ 2006-02-14 15:53 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-14 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Kvasnička wrote:
> I tried to find in what configuration file it is mismatched, but I
> completely failed. I even don't know if it's ConTeXt problem, or a
> problem of my distribution. Now, I use the last ConTeXt (downloaded and
> installed today) :-) and teTeX tetex-3.0-13 from SuSE Linux 9.3 under
> SuSE 9.2.

I think I know this :-)

Try this statement in your preamble:

   \pdfpkresolution = 600

that should give you the same results as under plain pdfetex.

> Many thanks for any hint.
> Yours Michal Kvasnicka
>
> P.S. If anybody knows where can I get math fonts for Concrete, please
> tell me.

Euler maybe?

AFAIK, there is no scalable _free_ version of the concrete math fonts,
but you can buy a 'Concrete Math' font package from micropress:

   http://www.micropress-inc.com/fonts.htm

the package includes text fonts

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Including bitmapped fonts
@ 2006-02-14 16:03   ` Michal Kvasnička
From: Michal Kvasnička @ 2006-02-14 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ooops, so easy was it, and lost so much time trying to fix it!
Many thanks.
M.K.

@ 2006-02-14 16:07     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-14 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michal Kvasnička wrote:
> Ooops, so easy was it, and lost so much time trying to fix it!
> Many thanks.
> M.K.
>
> Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

>> Try this statement in your preamble:
>>   \pdfpkresolution = 600
>> that should give you the same results as under plain pdfetex.

i've added that value to the tpd driver

Hans