* combinations and captions
@ 2006-02-14 20:28 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2006-02-14 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

The setup of captions (\setupcaptions) seems to be independent of the
captions in the members placed within \startcombination ...
\stopcombination.
I have a feeling that these captions also can be generally setup, but
I cannot find the corresponding macros.
Someone who can point me to these?

yours sincerely,
dr. H. van der Meer

* Re: combinations and captions
@ 2006-02-15  9:21 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-15  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer wrote:

> I have a feeling that these captions also can be generally setup, but
> I cannot find the corresponding macros.
> Someone who can point me to these?

There is a \setupcombinations, but it is not nearly as powerful as
the \setupcaptions command for standalone captions.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: combinations and captions
@ 2003-01-13  0:07 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-13  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 03:26 PM 1/5/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>I wonder, why \setupcaptions doesn't work with combinations:
>
>\setupcaptions[number=no, style={\tfx\ss}, align=right]
>\setupcombinations[width=fit, align=right, style={\tfx\ss}]
>
>\placefigure[]{none}%
>{\startcombination[2]
>         {\externalfigure[hammarskjoeld]}{Dag Hammarskjöld}
>         {\externalfigure[kofi-dhf-grab]}{Kofi Annan am Grabe Dag
> Hammarskjölds}
>\stopcombination}
>

>"style" in \setupcombinations doesn't work, and it isn't inherited from
>\setupcaptions either. "align" would be superfluous in \setupcombinations,
>if a combination's subcaptions would use the \setupcaptions settings.
>Otherwise (less logical) \setupcombinations should support "style".
>Or is it my fault?

i'll add style/color to combinations; regarding your remarks: keep in mind
that combinations are also used without place...

btw, this mechanism is extended recently, location={top,left} keys and so

[there is now also a \definecombination]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* combinations and captions
@ 2003-01-05 14:26 fiëé visuëlle
From: fiëé visuëlle @ 2003-01-05 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wonder, why \setupcaptions doesn't work with combinations:

\setupcaptions[number=no, style={\tfx\ss}, align=right]
\setupcombinations[width=fit, align=right, style={\tfx\ss}]

\placefigure[]{none}%
{\startcombination[2]
	{\externalfigure[hammarskjoeld]}{Dag Hammarskjöld}
	{\externalfigure[kofi-dhf-grab]}{Kofi Annan am Grabe Dag Hammarskjölds}
\stopcombination}

"style" in \setupcombinations doesn't work, and it isn't inherited from
\setupcaptions either. "align" would be superfluous in
\setupcombinations, if a combination's subcaptions would use the
\setupcaptions settings. Otherwise (less logical) \setupcombinations
should support "style".
Or is it my fault?

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--