Hi all! I've searched for an answer some time ago http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20051230.132510.4dba9fed.en.html Meanwhile I've solved the problem and the solution is quite simple. Only some minor changes are needed, to bound the state of fields to the state of their surrounding PDF layer. I attached a 'small' example file and two diff files for patching. So what is this good for? For example think about multilayered control fields (stack), which appear in the form of a tabular box (one tab active at a time). Every tab can contain any kind of interactive field. No more mouse interaction (and ugly gfx glitches) with hidden fields, if the surrounding PDF layer is switched off. To Hans: - Dunno if the name \currentPDFlayer is o.k., or if there is a better place for it's (re)initialisation. - The fields are still active (only hidden), if the outer layer is deactivated (nested). Is the outer layer not part of the child layers OCMG? Reading the PDF reference manual is much harder than reading your sources... So it's up to you, if and how this is added. Greetings, Peter