* interaction and hyphenation
@ 2006-02-19 19:43 Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-02-19 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
how could I get hyphenated interaction texts?

Example with overfull \hbox:

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\definereferenceformat[inFig][text=Abbildung]
\starttext
\placefigure[][fig1]{bla}{bla}
\dorecurse{58}x, siehe \inFig[fig1].
\stoptext

Thanks in advance for any help!
Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: interaction and hyphenation
@ 2006-02-20 10:52 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-02-20 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
> how could I get hyphenated interaction texts?

It seems you can't. \goto inserts an explicit \hbox.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: interaction and hyphenation
@ 2006-02-20 12:07   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-20 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Peter M�nster wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> how could I get hyphenated interaction texts?
>>

> It seems you can't. \goto inserts an explicit \hbox.

indeed, interactivity is generic in the sense that it is not bound to the way pdftex deals with it.

\goto{some piece of text}

is spilt up in four parts, and each part gets a properly bounded clickable area. When a snippet is too small, context will enlarge the areas to a comfortable width and the height and depth are made consistent with the current line height and depth; one can use nested hyperlinks, etc.

The core of these mechanisms date from before pdftex (yandy's dviwindo had hyperlink features), after that it was a matter of hours to get hyperlink support in acrobat (i guess that context was one of the first systems to support that at many levels), and pdftex came after that. In the meantims there is (driver dependent) hyperlink optimzation, chaining of actions etc.

maybe some day i'll make a variant for 'hyphenatable text using the pdftex split feature' but only as a special feature then, with a limited  application; i hate to see ugly and inconsistent interactive docs around; context tries to provide a consistent look and feel

* Re: interaction and hyphenation
@ 2006-02-20 20:15     ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2006-02-20 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> maybe some day i'll make a variant for 'hyphenatable text using the
> pdftex split feature' but only as a special feature then, with a limited
> application; i hate to see ugly and inconsistent interactive docs around;
> context tries to provide a consistent look and feel

Hello Hans,
thanks for you explanations and your fast response! Should I add a
collector item for this?
Cheers, Peter

--

@ 2006-02-20 21:58       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-20 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

� wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:
>

>> maybe some day i'll make a variant for 'hyphenatable text using the
>> pdftex split feature' but only as a special feature then, with a limited
>> application; i hate to see ugly and inconsistent interactive docs around;
>> context tries to provide a consistent look and feel
>>

> Hello Hans,
> thanks for you explanations and your fast response! Should I add a
> collector item for this?

a low priority wish is ok

Hans