* Vertical text in the margin on every page
@ 2006-02-21 10:27 Jilani Khaldi
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Jilani Khaldi @ 2006-02-21 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
In a technical report I need to put a vertical text on every page of the
document in the right margin. This 2 lines text should be written in a
little font. I have struggled for a while with ConTeXt but could'nt get
a good result. Any hint?
Thanks!
jk

* Re: Vertical text in the margin on every page
@ 2006-02-21 11:06 ` Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-02-21 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have the following in an environment file. In the document I then
\def\workingtitle and \def\workdir, and this text is written in the
left margin. I am sure you will get better suggestions from others who
actually know what they are doing ...

Johan

\definecolor[logogray][s=.6]
\definelogo
  [mrc]
  [footer]
  [leftmargin]
  [state=start,
    command=\hbox to 8.5mm{%
      \hfill%
      \vbox to \makeupheight{%
        \hbox{%
          \framed
            [width=8.5mm,
              background=color,
              backgroundcolor=black,
              align={middle,lohi}]
            {\switchtobodyfont[sans,24pt]\rotate{\white\bf MRC}}}
        \vfill%
        \hbox{%
          \vbox{%
            \switchtobodyfont[sil-gentium,10pt]
            \logogray{\rotate{\currentdate \workdir}}}
          \vbox{%
            \switchtobodyfont[sil-gentium,10pt]
            \logogray{\rotate{'\workingtitle' text text text text}}}}
        \hbox{\vbox to 3mm{}}
        \hbox{%
          \framed
            [width=8.5mm,
              background=color,
              backgroundcolor=black,
              align={middle,lohi}]
          {\switchtobodyfont[sans,24pt]\rotate{\white\bf MRC}}}}
      \hfill}]

2006/2/21, Jilani Khaldi <jilani.khaldi1@virgilio.it>:
> Hi,
> In a technical report I need to put a vertical text on every page of the
> document in the right margin. This 2 lines text should be written in a
> little font. I have struggled for a while with ConTeXt but could'nt get
> a good result. Any hint?
> Thanks!
> jk

Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm
m +46735521477  Sweden
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the
will to find out, which is the exact opposite"
- Bertrand Russell

* Re: Vertical text in the margin on every page
@ 2006-02-21 11:15 ` luigi scarso
From: luigi scarso @ 2006-02-21 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

In metafun-p.pdf there are some other examples (see  pages 159,160 )

* Re: Vertical text in the margin on every page
@ 2006-02-22 13:53 ` Jilani Khaldi
From: Jilani Khaldi @ 2006-02-22 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I found this solution:

\defineoverlay[SN][{\black
\scale[factor=300]{\rotate[rotation=90]{~TR-A02-123456~}}}]
\setupbackgrounds[text][rightmargin][background=SN]

jk