From: Wolfgang Schuster <wolfgang.schuster.lists@gmail.com>
	Michael Guravage <guravage@literatesolutions.com>
Subject: [NTG-context] Re: Spacing within combinations
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 18:30:29 +0200	[thread overview]

Michael Guravage schrieb am 22.06.2024 um 18:17:
> Greetings,
>
> The attached MWE combines 12 images in  a 3 by 4 grid; with horizontal
> and vertical spacing set by setupcombinations.
>
> I have two questions. First, can someone please tell me why the
> vertical spacing is not applied between the first and second and third
> and fourth rows? Second, why, If I try, e.g.c 15 images, does  ConTeXt
> complain of a missing left brace. More generally, my mwe failed with
> an odd number of images, but succeeded with an even number.

In a combination each entry takes two parts

   1. The content of the cell and
   2. the caption for the cell (unless you enable auto numbering)

but you're omitting the caption for all of them. While I say you omit
the caption this isn't the actual truth because the \startcontent and
\startcaption commands are just named alternatives for the braces which
means every second figure in your example is used as caption for the
previous image.

To fix your example add

   context.startcaption()
   context.stopcaption()

after the content for each combination cell.

Wolfgang

maillist : ntg-context@ntg.nl / https://mailman.ntg.nl/mailman3/lists/ntg-context.ntg.nl