* wrong order of content-list items if using balanced columnsets
@ 2006-02-27 22:14 Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-02-27 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Wizards,

the next example illustrates the problem with wrong order of
content-list items if using balanced columnsets:

\setuplayout[grid=yes,topspace=1cm,bottomspace=1cm,height=middle]
\showgrid

\definecolumnset[A][n=2,balance=yes]
\setupcolumnsetlines[A][1][1][21]
\setupcolumnsetlines[A][1][2][21]
\definecolumnset[B][n=2,balance=yes]

\starttext
\startcolumnset[A]
   \section{Knuth}
   \dorecurse{2}{\input knuth \endgraf}
\stopcolumnset
\placeongrid{\hairline}
\startcolumnset[B]
   \section{Zapf}
   \dorecurse{1}{\input zapf \endgraf}
   \blank
   Content:
   \placecontent[criterium=all]
\stopcolumnset

\stoptext

Problem is that the second section (Zapf) is inserted to .tui before the
first one (Knuth). My observation: on the page where one columnset (A)
is closed by \setupcolumnsetlines and the second (B) continues, .tuo
contains marks from B firstly. This makes book content unsable in this
configuration.

Any solutions? I am thinking about: Proper order writting to .tuo or to
sort items according to mark number - it is correct (not sure if it is
implemented?).

Thanks
Vit

* Re: wrong order of content-list items if using balanced columnsets
@ 2006-02-28  1:00 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-02-28  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vit Zyka wrote:
> Hello Wizards,
>
> the next example illustrates the problem with wrong order of
> content-list items if using balanced columnsets:

> \setuplayout[grid=yes,topspace=1cm,bottomspace=1cm,height=middle]
> \showgrid
>
> \definecolumnset[A][n=2,balance=yes]
> \setupcolumnsetlines[A][1][1][21]
> \setupcolumnsetlines[A][1][2][21]
> \definecolumnset[B][n=2,balance=yes]
>
> \starttext
> \startcolumnset[A]
>    \section{Knuth}
>    \dorecurse{2}{\input knuth \endgraf}
> \stopcolumnset
> \placeongrid{\hairline}
> \startcolumnset[B]
>    \section{Zapf}
>    \dorecurse{1}{\input zapf \endgraf}
>    \blank
>    Content:
>    \placecontent[criterium=all]
> \stopcolumnset
>
> \stoptext
>
> Problem is that the second section (Zapf) is inserted to .tui before the
> first one (Knuth). My observation: on the page where one columnset (A)
> is closed by \setupcolumnsetlines and the second (B) continues, .tuo
> contains marks from B firstly. This makes book content unsable in this
> configuration.
>
> Any solutions? I am thinking about: Proper order writting to .tuo or to
> sort items according to mark number - it is correct (not sure if it is
> implemented?).

it's a kind of bug; how about swapping the order: (page-lyr.tex)

\def\settextpagecontent#1#2#3% #2 and #3 will disappear
  {\doifelselayerdata{OTRTEXT}
     {\setbox#1\hbox to \makeupwidth
        {\startoverlay
           {\tightlayer[OTRTEXT]} % first, otherwise problems with toc
           {\normalsettextpagecontent{#1}{#2}{#3}\box#1}
         \stopoverlay}%
      \dp#1\zeropoint}%
     {\normalsettextpagecontent{#1}{#2}{#3}}}

(you really don't want to know what happens there -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-02-28 14:51   ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-02-28 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Vit Zyka wrote:
>
>>Hello Wizards,
>>
>>the next example illustrates the problem with wrong order of
>>content-list items if using balanced columnsets:

>>\setuplayout[grid=yes,topspace=1cm,bottomspace=1cm,height=middle]
>>\showgrid
>>
>>\definecolumnset[A][n=2,balance=yes]
>>\setupcolumnsetlines[A][1][1][21]
>>\setupcolumnsetlines[A][1][2][21]
>>\definecolumnset[B][n=2,balance=yes]
>>
>>\starttext
>>\startcolumnset[A]
>>   \section{Knuth}
>>   \dorecurse{2}{\input knuth \endgraf}
>>\stopcolumnset
>>\placeongrid{\hairline}
>>\startcolumnset[B]
>>   \section{Zapf}
>>   \dorecurse{1}{\input zapf \endgraf}
>>   \blank
>>   Content:
>>   \placecontent[criterium=all]
>>\stopcolumnset
>>
>>\stoptext
>>
>>Problem is that the second section (Zapf) is inserted to .tui before the
>>first one (Knuth). My observation: on the page where one columnset (A)
>>is closed by \setupcolumnsetlines and the second (B) continues, .tuo
>>contains marks from B firstly. This makes book content unsable in this
>>configuration.
>>
>>Any solutions? I am thinking about: Proper order writting to .tuo or to
>>sort items according to mark number - it is correct (not sure if it is
>>implemented?).
>>

> it's a kind of bug; how about swapping the order: (page-lyr.tex)
>
> \def\settextpagecontent#1#2#3% #2 and #3 will disappear
>   {\doifelselayerdata{OTRTEXT}
>      {\setbox#1\hbox to \makeupwidth
>         {\startoverlay
>            {\tightlayer[OTRTEXT]} % first, otherwise problems with toc
>            {\normalsettextpagecontent{#1}{#2}{#3}\box#1}
>          \stopoverlay}%
>       \dp#1\zeropoint}%
>      {\normalsettextpagecontent{#1}{#2}{#3}}}

Slaaavaaaa!

> (you really don't want to know what happens there -)

World record document with 40 balanced columnsets says it is OK.

Thanks you Hans
Vit