* sources of the manaul
@ 2006-03-17 13:18 Geert Stappers
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Geert Stappers @ 2006-03-17 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 05:17:46PM -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, frantisek holop wrote:
> >
> > i think i have read something about this issue, but i don't remember
> > where or when :)
>
> You can check out the manual sources from the svn respository
> svn://ctx.pragma-ade.nl/manuals

Is there a "read-only account" available?
When doing a check out, how much data will be transferred?
(So I can estimate the download time (or reconsider doing it ;- ))

> If you prefer to browse them online they are available at
> http://context.aanhet.net/svn/

Or is that the "read-only account"?
(Is  `svn checkout http://context.aanhet.net/svn/ context-manual`
the way to go ? )

Cheers
Geert Stappers

* Re: sources of the manaul
@ 2006-03-17 13:47 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-03-17 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 05:17:46PM -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, frantisek holop wrote:
>>
>>> i think i have read something about this issue, but i don't remember
>>> where or when :)
>>>
>> You can check out the manual sources from the svn respository
>> svn://ctx.pragma-ade.nl/manuals
>>

> Is there a "read-only account" available?
> When doing a check out, how much data will be transferred?
> (So I can estimate the download time (or reconsider doing it ;- ))
>

>> If you prefer to browse them online they are available at
>> http://context.aanhet.net/svn/
>>

> Or is that the "read-only account"?
> (Is  `svn checkout http://context.aanhet.net/svn/ context-manual`
> the way to go ? )

it *is* read-only (unless i made a mistake)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: sources of the manaul
@ 2006-03-17 14:00 ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-03-17 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

stappers@stappers.nl wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 05:17:46PM -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, frantisek holop wrote:
>>
>>>i think i have read something about this issue, but i don't remember
>>>where or when :)
>>
>>You can check out the manual sources from the svn respository
>>svn://ctx.pragma-ade.nl/manuals
>

> Is there a "read-only account" available?
> When doing a check out, how much data will be transferred?
> (So I can estimate the download time (or reconsider doing it ;- ))
>

>>If you prefer to browse them online they are available at
>>http://context.aanhet.net/svn/
>

> Or is that the "read-only account"?
> (Is  `svn checkout http://context.aanhet.net/svn/ context-manual`
> the way to go ? )

That is also my question. I would like to make a copy on my comp for
making current version.

My goal is to start to translate the beginners manual to Czech. Can
somebody suggest me the better way to do that?

- Will we store all language translations in one source files (and one
repository)? (in blocks <paragraph-en>...</paragraph-en>
<paragraph-cz>...</paragraph-cz> <paragraph-??>...</paragraph-??> ...)

- Or each language mutation will be done in a unique file set?

I can imagine advantages and disadvantages of both ways. But my very
little knowledge of SVN can not deside better solution. What is prefereble?

Vit

* Re: sources of the manaul
@ 2006-03-17 14:19 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-03-17 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 05:17:46PM -0500, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, frantisek holop wrote:
>>
>>>i think i have read something about this issue, but i don't remember
>>>where or when :)
>>
>>You can check out the manual sources from the svn respository
>>svn://ctx.pragma-ade.nl/manuals
>

> Is there a "read-only account" available?

The command to run is:

    $ svn checkout svn://ctx.pragma-ade.nl/manuals
    A    manuals/metafun
    Checked out revision 32.

the whole repository is read-only and anonymous.

> When doing a check out, how much data will be transferred?

   $ du -cs manuals
   21M     manuals
   21M     total

>>If you prefer to browse them online they are available at
>>http://context.aanhet.net/svn/
>
> Or is that the "read-only account"?

No, that is a local checkout, updated by a cron job run each hour.

Cheers, Taco

* Re: sources of the manaul
@ 2006-03-20 16:57   ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-03-20 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Vit Zyka wrote:
>>>You can check out the manual sources from the svn respository
>>>svn://ctx.pragma-ade.nl/manuals
 >
> That is also my question. I would like to make a copy on my comp for
> making current version.
>
> My goal is to start to translate the beginners manual to Czech. Can
> somebody suggest me the better way to do that?
>
> - Will we store all language translations in one source files (and one
> repository)? (in blocks <paragraph-en>...</paragraph-en>
> <paragraph-cz>...</paragraph-cz> <paragraph-??>...</paragraph-??> ...)
>
> - Or each language mutation will be done in a unique file set?

I have managed to make a local copy of SVN yesterday (strange I was not
successfull some week ago) and the answers are obvious now from both the
en and nl files.

* Manual ma-cb-en:
- print version is OK.
- screen version errors:
   ma-cb-screen.tex, l.18: midle -> middle
   ma-cb-style.tex, l.59,60: raster -> screen;
                             backroundraster -> backgroundscreen

There was some discussion about beginners manual (hopefully ConTeXt at
Excursion) translation into another languages in autumn. Does somebody
make some steps towards this goal?

How stable do you (Hans, ...) think is the English version of ConTeXt in
Excursion (ma-cb-en) now?

* Manual context error:
This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.30.3-2.2 (Web2c 7.5.5)
(format=cont-en 2006.3.18)  20 MAR 2006 15:40
entering extended mode
  %&-line parsing enabled.
  (c:/TeXLive/texmf-experim/web2c/natural.tcx)
**&cont-en cont-en.tex
(./cont-en.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2006.02.15 17:41  fmt: 2006.3.18  int: english  mes: english
(./co-en-01.tex [7.1.7]
layout          : subpage set 1 processed (size 7)
[8.2.1] [MP cont-en-mpgraph.2] [9.3.2] [10.3.3]
chapter         : - Preface
! Use of \@@opitemize1placestopper doesn't match its definition.
\doifelse #1#2->\edef \!!stringa {#1}
                                      \edef \!!stringb {#2}\ifx
\!!stringa \!...

\setitemlevel ...temlevel \c!placestopper }\v!yes
                                                   {\def \tempsymbol
{\getite...

\redostartitemgroup ...ommando }\setitemlevel {#1}
                                                   \ifx \listitem \empty
\set...

\dostartitemgroup ... {\dodostartitemgroup [#2][]}
                                                   \fi
<to be read again>
                    \par
l.26

Vit

* Re: sources of the manaul
@ 2006-03-20 17:58   ` John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2006-03-20 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hans Hagen

On Friday 17 March 2006 08:47, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Geert Stappers wrote:
> >>
> >> You can check out the manual sources from the svn respository
> >> svn://ctx.pragma-ade.nl/manuals
> >
> > Is there a "read-only account" available?
> > When doing a check out, how much data will be transferred?
> > (So I can estimate the download time (or reconsider doing it ;- ))
> >
> >> If you prefer to browse them online they are available at
> >> http://context.aanhet.net/svn/
I downloaded a bunch of files from that location. Just a quick
question: Have they been updated since the 2001 edition?

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers:

* Re: sources of the manaul
@ 2006-03-20 18:14     ` Vit Zyka
From: Vit Zyka @ 2006-03-20 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

John R. Culleton wrote:
> On Friday 17 March 2006 08:47, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>>Geert Stappers wrote:

>>>Is there a "read-only account" available?
>>>When doing a check out, how much data will be transferred?
>>>(So I can estimate the download time (or reconsider doing it ;- ))

> I downloaded a bunch of files from that location. Just a quick
> question: Have they been updated since the 2001 edition?

Seems to me, context manual, mathml, and fonts have been updated.

Vit