* New tree in minimal context
@ 2006-03-23 16:34 Mikael Persson
From: Mikael Persson @ 2006-03-23 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I am trying the minimal ConTeXt distribution. Ok, so I downloaded

justtex.zip

and

linuztex.zip

to /tex...

and followed the instructions and all worked out well. However, I have
another tree I want to use aswell, say /usr/local/texmf-wolfram.
However, when I add entries in one of the following:

/tex/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
/tex/texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf
/tex/texmf-local/web2c/context.cnf

like:

TEXMFWOLFRAM = /usr/local/texmf-wolfram

and then add to TEXMF the TEXMFWOLFRAM

TEXMF = {!!$TEXMFCONFIG,!!$TEXMFVAR,$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFSYSCONFIG,!!$TEXMFSYSVAR,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFDIST,$TEXMFWOLFRAM}

the new tree is still not found when doing a mktexlsr. It just shows:
mktexlsr: Updating /tex/texmf/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updating /tex/texmf-extra/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updating /tex/texmf-fonts/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updating /tex/texmf-linux/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Updating /tex/texmf-local/ls-R...
mktexlsr: Done.

So, where should I add a new tree? (is it possible in the minimal
version?) The procedure I did above worked well for TeXLive 2004.

Best regards, Mikael Persson

* Re: New tree in minimal context
@ 2006-03-23 19:35 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-03-23 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mikael Persson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying the minimal ConTeXt distribution. Ok, so I downloaded
>
> justtex.zip
>
> and
>
> linuztex.zip
>
> to /tex...
>
> and followed the instructions and all worked out well. However, I have
> another tree I want to use aswell, say /usr/local/texmf-wolfram.
> However, when I add entries in one of the following:
>
> /tex/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
> /tex/texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf
> /tex/texmf-local/web2c/context.cnf
>
> like:
>
> TEXMFWOLFRAM = /usr/local/texmf-wolfram
>
> and then add to TEXMF the TEXMFWOLFRAM
>
> TEXMF = {!!$TEXMFCONFIG,!!$TEXMFVAR,$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFSYSCONFIG,!!$TEXMFSYSVAR,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFDIST,$TEXMFWOLFRAM}
>
> the new tree is still not found when doing a mktexlsr. It just shows:
> mktexlsr: Updating /tex/texmf/ls-R...
> mktexlsr: Updating /tex/texmf-extra/ls-R...
> mktexlsr: Updating /tex/texmf-fonts/ls-R...
> mktexlsr: Updating /tex/texmf-linux/ls-R...
> mktexlsr: Updating /tex/texmf-local/ls-R...
> mktexlsr: Done.
>
> So, where should I add a new tree? (is it possible in the minimal
> version?) The procedure I did above worked well for TeXLive 2004.

you should patch the 'setuptex' script in teh root of the minimal tree; env vars overload settings in texmf.cnf

another option is to:

export TEXMFPROJECT = /usr/local/texmf-wolfram

since this is what the project entry is for

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE