* Automatic typesetting of catalogue entries
@ 2006-03-27 13:17 Piotr Kopszak
From: Piotr Kopszak @ 2006-03-27 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello list,

This is a more general question so I'm not attaching any specific
code examples but rather will try to explain what I'm thinking
about. I'm going to typeset a catalogue of about 200 objects. Each
entry consists of two main parts: a block of text and a photograph of the
object. As we have to be economic rather than luxurious I adjust
manually the size  of each figure so that the text fills the rest of the
page entirely. That means I keep on incrementing the figure width
until the text spills onto next page, then I go back to the last value
that was OK. Sometimes I have  to squeeze two entries on one page so
that each occupies half of a page. Perfectly repetitive task at which
computer would do much better than human. Sorry if it's something
trivial but I couldn't find any solution on my own.

Thanks for any hints in advance

Piotr