* Imaginary entity rendering in MathML
@ 2006-03-27 17:51 nico
From: nico @ 2006-03-27 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

The following MathML test case (rec-arg1) using newmml does not render the
imaginary entity ⅈ correctly. It is shown as a minus ("-") instead
of "i". I have this behaviour for any test using this entity.

<math>
       <apply>
         <arg/>
         <apply>
           <plus/>
           <ci> x </ci>
           <apply>
             <times/>
             <cn> &#x02148; </cn>
             <ci> y </ci>
           </apply>
         </apply>
       </apply>
     </math>

Regards,
BG

* Re: Imaginary entity rendering in MathML
@ 2006-03-28  8:11 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-03-28  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

nico wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The following MathML test case (rec-arg1) using newmml does not render the
> imaginary entity &#x02148; correctly. It is shown as a minus ("-") instead
> of "i". I have this behaviour for any test using this entity.

I guess the problem is that the vector unic-033 (=hex 21) only defines
the arrow part, that starts at 0x2190 ?

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Imaginary entity rendering in MathML
@ 2006-03-28  9:35   ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2006-03-28  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3/28/06, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:

> nico wrote:

> > The following MathML test case (rec-arg1) using newmml does not render the
> > imaginary entity &#x02148; correctly. It is shown as a minus ("-") instead
> > of "i". I have this behaviour for any test using this entity.

> I guess the problem is that the vector unic-033 (=hex 21) only defines
> the arrow part, that starts at 0x2190 ?

Probably.  This vector is far from complete.  I've tried to be as
thorough as  possible, but there simply isn't TeX equivalents for all
symbols in that vector.  At least not ones that I have been able to
find.

  nikolai

* Re: Imaginary entity rendering in MathML
@ 2006-03-28 11:08     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-03-28 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> On 3/28/06, Taco Hoekwater <taco@elvenkind.com> wrote:
>

>> nico wrote:
>>

>>> The following MathML test case (rec-arg1) using newmml does not render the
>>> imaginary entity &#x02148; correctly. It is shown as a minus ("-") instead
>>> of "i". I have this behaviour for any test using this entity.
>>>

>> I guess the problem is that the vector unic-033 (=hex 21) only defines
>> the arrow part, that starts at 0x2190 ?
>>

> Probably.  This vector is far from complete.  I've tried to be as
> thorough as  possible, but there simply isn't TeX equivalents for all
> symbols in that vector.  At least not ones that I have been able to
> find.

but imaginary i cum suis should be possible

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-03-28 14:04       ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-03-28 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

>>Probably.  This vector is far from complete.  I've tried to be as
>>thorough as  possible, but there simply isn't TeX equivalents for all
>>symbols in that vector.  At least not ones that I have been able to
>>find.
>>

> but imaginary i cum suis should be possible

They would need \definemathsymbol lines as well then, right?

Cheers, Taco

* Re: Imaginary entity rendering in MathML
@ 2006-03-28 15:03         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-03-28 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>>> Probably.  This vector is far from complete.  I've tried to be as
>>> thorough as  possible, but there simply isn't TeX equivalents for all
>>> symbols in that vector.  At least not ones that I have been able to
>>> find.
>>>

>> but imaginary i cum suis should be possible
>>

> They would need \definemathsymbol lines as well then, right?

sure, they can be modeled after the x-newmme.tex entries

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2006-03-28 20:45       ` nico
From: nico @ 2006-03-28 20:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:08:50 +0200, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> Nikolai Weibull wrote:

>>> I guess the problem is that the vector unic-033 (=hex 21) only defines
>>> the arrow part, that starts at 0x2190 ?
>>
>> Probably.  This vector is far from complete.  I've tried to be as
>> thorough as  possible, but there simply isn't TeX equivalents for all
>> symbols in that vector.  At least not ones that I have been able to
>> find.
>>
> but imaginary i cum suis should be possible

If possible, the followings are useful too in math (at least there are
used in the MathML suite ;-):

&#x0210F; "h" Planck's constant (\hslash in latex)
&#x02146; "d" for use in differentials
&#x02147; "e" exponential base

@ 2006-03-29  8:16         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-03-29  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

nico wrote:

> If possible, the followings are useful too in math (at least there are
> used in the MathML suite ;-):
>
> &#x0210F; "h" Planck's constant (\hslash in latex)
> &#x02146; "d" for use in differentials
> &#x02147; "e" exponential base

There are quite a lot more that could be added easily. I'll try ...

Cheers, taco