* Vertical align inside a frame?
@ 2007-07-27 23:46 Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2007-07-27 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello all,

how do I tell ConTeXt that I want the frame content to be
top, bottom or middle aligned? I found no way to specify
*vertical* alignment except by nesting frames and specifying
the location= of the inner frame as desired. Am I missing
something obvious?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Vertical align inside a frame?
@ 2007-07-28  5:32 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2007-07-28  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Are you maybe looking for p. 254 of cont-eni.pdf?

Thomas

@ 2007-07-28  5:54 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2007-07-28  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Giuseppe,

> the location= of the inner frame as desired. Am I missing
> something obvious?

I don't think so, this was an example from Hans:

\starttext
\ruledhbox
   {A
    \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=hanging]{location\\equals\\hanging}
    \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=depth]  {location\\equals\\depth}
    \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=height] {location\\equals\\height}
    B}

\vskip2cm

\ruledhbox
   {A
    \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=low]    {location\\equals\\low}
    \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=line]   {location\\equals\\line}
    \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=high]   {location\\equals\\high}
    B}

\vskip2cm

\ruledhbox
  {A
   \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=top]    {location\\equals\\top}
   \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=bottom] {location\\equals\\bottom}
   \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=lohi]   {location\\equals\\lohi}
   \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=middle] {location\\equals\\middle}
   B}

\stoptext

* Re: Vertical align inside a frame?
@ 2007-07-28  7:57   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2007-07-28  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Saturday, July 28, 2007 Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> Are you maybe looking for p. 254 of cont-eni.pdf?

Oh yes! top and bottom. Thanks a lot!

--

@ 2007-07-28  8:00   ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2007-07-28  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Saturday, July 28, 2007 Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Hi Giuseppe,

>> the location= of the inner frame as desired. Am I missing
>> something obvious?

> I don't think so, this was an example from Hans:

> \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=hanging]{location\\equals\\hanging}
>     \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=depth]  {location\\equals\\depth}
>     \framed[width=2cm,align=middle,location=height] {location\\equals\\height}
>     B}

[snip]

Yeah, this is what I was thinking too. But as Thomas pointed
out, top and bottom can be used to tune the internal
vertical alignment.

> PS: welcome back!

Thanks :)

--