* sorting, again
@ 2006-04-08 15:07 Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-04-08 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

When the following test snippet

\mainlanguage[sv]

\starttext
a\index{a}
z\index{z}z\index{z+ä}
å\index{å}å\index{å+b}
ä\index{ä}
ö\index{ö}
A\index{A}
Z\index{Z}
Å\index{Å}
Ä\index{Ä}
Ö\index{Ö}

\placeindex

\stoptext

is processed with
cont-tmf.zip from 2006-04-07 12.29
and justtex.zip and mswintex.zip from 13.23
a bad index is produced.The Swedish letters are listed as ... and the
sublevel entries are just listed as they are in the input. It worked
in the beta. What am I doing wrong?

Regards, Johan

--
Johan Sandblom  N8, MRC, Karolinska sjh
t +46851776108  17176 Stockholm

* Re: sorting, again
@ 2006-04-08 20:46 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-08 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johan Sandblom wrote:
> When the following test snippet
>
> \mainlanguage[sv]
>
> \starttext
> a\index{a}
> z\index{z}z\index{z+�}
> �\index{�}�\index{�+b}
> A\index{A}
> Z\index{Z}
>
> \placeindex
>
> \stoptext

There's a typo in the texutil.rb class; tonights alpha release should
work ok (i'll make that current once we're sure of what extra regimes to
add)

btw, we need to collect such sorting examples in the new context test suite, maybe someone wants to volunteer for that aspect

Hans

* Re: sorting, again
@ 2006-04-08 21:29   ` Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-04-08 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

2006/4/8, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
> Johan Sandblom wrote:
> > When the following test snippet
> >
> > \mainlanguage[sv]
> >
> > \starttext
> > a\index{a}
> > z\index{z}z\index{z+�}
> > �\index{�}�\index{�+b}
> > A\index{A}
> > Z\index{Z}
> >
> > \placeindex
> >
> > \stoptext
> >

> There's a typo in the texutil.rb class; tonights alpha release should
> work ok (i'll make that current once we're sure of what extra regimes to
> add)

Yes, works perfectly! Thanks.

> btw, we need to collect such sorting examples in the new context test suite, maybe someone wants to volunteer for that aspect

I have no idea what that task might entail but wouldn't mind
contributing if I can

Regards, Johan

--

@ 2006-04-09  7:11     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-04-09  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johan Sandblom wrote:

>>btw, we need to collect such sorting examples in the new context test
> suite, maybe someone wants to volunteer for that aspect
>
> I have no idea what that task might entail but wouldn't mind
> contributing if I can

We now have a project that strives to create a regression test
for context distributions. I am writing a homepage right now (wiki),
but the short version is: we need small test files so that we can
check if a future releases still produces the same output.

Greetings, Taco

* Re: sorting, again
@ 2006-04-09 10:16       ` Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-04-09 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd be happy to help with this endeavour.

Regards, Johan

@ 2006-04-09 18:42   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-04-09 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Taco Hoekwater

On 4/8/06, Hans Hagen wrote:
> btw, we need to collect such sorting examples in the new context test suite, maybe someone wants to volunteer for that aspect

What are the guidelines for naming the test files?

I saw the tests which are specific for testing single tex files, but
where should "sorting tests" go? I would create some king of "logical"
structure as well in this case (Language -> Sorting, Language ->
Encodings, Language -> Labels, ... Math -> MathML -> UTF, ... Fonts ->
Typescripts, Fonts -> Public Fonts -> LM, ...) since most test files,
but I would like to hear Taco's opinion first before starting to mess
up everything (or perhaps there should be some little brainstorming
for creating such a structure).

Mojca

* Re: sorting, again
@ 2006-04-09 20:47     ` Johan Sandblom
From: Johan Sandblom @ 2006-04-09 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is the site for the test suite open? Where is it?

Johan

@ 2006-04-09 21:06       ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-04-09 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/9/06, Johan Sandblom wrote:
> Is the site for the test suite open? Where is it?

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Testsuite

* Re: sorting, again
@ 2006-04-10  7:57         ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-04-10  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: johan.sandblom

Hi,

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 4/9/06, Johan Sandblom wrote:
>
>>Is the site for the test suite open? Where is it?
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Testsuite

That is just an initial version, more text will follow in the coming days.

I really prefer to do discussions about the contents of the test
suite on the dedicated mailing list (we do not have to clutter
this ml with lots of extra messages), so if anybody wants to join
in, please subscribe here:

Greetings. Taco