* more manuals
@ 2006-04-11 21:08 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-11 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I uploaded

enattab
eppchtex

esp the nattab manual needs some updating (new features) so if you run
into a missing aspect ...

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: more manuals
@ 2006-04-23  7:54 ` Geert Stappers
From: Geert Stappers @ 2006-04-23  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 11:08:33PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,

Hello,

> I uploaded

Mmm, uploaded to where ?

I did visit http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-1.htm
and clicked 6 (six) times on 'next'

I also did visit http://www.pragma-ade.com/document-1.htm
where I clicked on 'all manuals' which did bring me
to http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-man-1.htm.
Seeing the "page 1 of 42" made me loose my appetite.

Writing this E-mail inspired me to manaully change the URL
to http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-man-42.htm
but still not the fresh uploaded manuals.

In other words:

 Add a URL to a "I uploaded"

> enattab
> eppchtex

What do the documents document?
Please provide a (short) description of the manuals.

> esp the nattab manual needs some updating (new features) so if you run
> into a missing aspect ...

I think that is another example of

 * you mean what I mean
 * smart people will find their way, normal people can follow them
 * I have no time to communicate, your help is welcome
 *

> Hans

This E-mail is written with the best intensions,
but it can be read as offencesive.
In that case: Shoot the messenger and return to bisness as usual

Cheers
Geert Stappers

* Re: more manuals
@ 2006-04-23  9:11 ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2006-04-23  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/11/06, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> enattab

I must say that natural tables have come a long way and seem more
capable than our other table-implementations now, even without the new
features you hint at.

  nikolai

* Re: more manuals
@ 2006-04-23  9:59   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2006-04-23  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4/23/06, Geert Stappers wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 11:08:33PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> Hello,
>

> > I uploaded
>
> Mmm, uploaded to where ?

The sources are here:

svn://ctx.pragma-ade.nl/manuals
http://context.aanhet.net/svn/manuals/examples/

The PDF versions of manuals are accesible from
http://www.pragma-ade.com/overview.htm, not from download.

http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/eppchtex.pdf
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/enattab.pdf (although I
don't find the link to it)

> I did visit http://www.pragma-ade.com/download-1.htm
> and clicked 6 (six) times on 'next'
>
> I also did visit http://www.pragma-ade.com/document-1.htm
> where I clicked on 'all manuals' which did bring me
> to http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-man-1.htm.
> Seeing the "page 1 of 42" made me loose my appetite.
>
> Writing this E-mail inspired me to manaully change the URL
> to http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-man-42.htm
> but still not the fresh uploaded manuals.
>
> In other words:
>
>  Add a URL to a "I uploaded"
>

> > enattab
> > eppchtex
>
> What do the documents document?

They're both old manuals, I think that Hans only uploaded the sources.
enattab is about natural tables
(http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Tables_Overview) and eppchtex about
PPCHTeX, chemistry module for drawing formulas.

> Please provide a (short) description of the manuals.

Now that you've found the manuals, please contribute to
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Official_ConTeXt_Documentation ;)

> > esp the nattab manual needs some updating (new features) so if you run
> > into a missing aspect ...

> I think that is another example of
>
>  * you mean what I mean
>  * smart people will find their way, normal people can follow them
>  * I have no time to communicate, your help is welcome
>  *

Well, I would say vice versa: Hans invests enormous amount of time
into implementing most evil user requests. If he "forgot" to mention
the URL, that was surely not intentional. People following the mailing
list did already heard about the svn repository with the sources of
the manual, but I agree that it's impossible to follow the mailing
list unless ConTeXt is your hobby.

Mojca

> > Hans
>
> This E-mail is written with the best intensions,
> but it can be read as offencesive.
> In that case: Shoot the messenger and return to bisness as usual
>

> Cheers
> Geert Stappers

* Re: more manuals
@ 2006-04-23 14:20   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-23 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Geert Stappers wrote:
>  Add a URL to a "I uploaded"
>
>> enattab
>> eppchtex

this concerned manuals in the cvs repository, not to the pragma site
(and was mainly meant for those currently playing with new TABLE
features); sorry for the noise

> What do the documents document?
> Please provide a (short) description of the manuals.

there are descriptions on the web site and in the show-* files (i could
add the xml files that hold the descriptions to the distribution so that
whoever wants to can generate whatever needed from them e.g. on the wiki)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: more manuals
@ 2006-04-23 14:20   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-04-23 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> On 4/11/06, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
>

>> enattab
>>

> I must say that natural tables have come a long way and seem more
> capable than our other table-implementations now, even without the new
> features you hint at.

but for 'just text' tabulate produces better results (spacing and so) and they also break nicer over pages

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE